Closing date: 28 Jan 2022
Bonhams is looking for an Administrator to join the Southeast Asian Paintings Department, based in Singapore.
Bonhams is a global auction house with an 18th century heritage poised for transformative change. Our global operations are based in London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Hong Kong where we sell in over 60 categories, including motor cars, paintings, jewelry, and entertainment memorabilia.
About the Department
It is an exciting time for our business and particularly the Southeast Asian Department that is unique in the auction arena. Bonhams is the only international auction house to hold auctions dedicated to Southeast Asian Modern and Contemporary Art.
About the Role
The sale Administrator is an integral role in the expert department, supporting the Specialists in the successful delivery of auctions as well as the day to day running of the department.
What you will be doing
– You will be the department’s experienced user of Auctioneer 3, Bonhams’ bespoke Auction Management System and primary business tool.
– You will be responsible for managing clients and their property throughout the sale cycle, including receipting property into A3, generating and issuing consignment contracts, requesting and uploading client details and payment management.
– You will be the Department’s primary contact for a range of external stakeholders ranging from our clients to restorers and suppliers, escalating to your Specialists when required.
– You will help co-ordinate the movement of property throughout the sale cycle, working with regional offices, Shipping, Operations & Photography to ensure efficient and compliant stock transfer.
– You will work with Client Services, Operations and Shipping to support clients with after sale enquiries, including the resolution of payments and arranging shipping quotes for both purchased and unsold lots.
– You will support your Department with preparing valuations, condition reports and condition photography as required.
– As an important part of the Department, you will also support on many day to day auction activities and ensure the Department has all it needs to run smoothly and effectively. Tasks will include responding to client enquiries pre and post-sale, bidding and event management.
Key Skills & Attributes
– Strong time management and organizational ability
– Excellent communication in all modes with both internal and external stakeholders
– Ability to manage workflow and priorities in a fast-moving environment
– A flexible approach and a willingness to support Departments and teams outside of your core responsibilities
– 1-2 years in an administrative position (not necessarily from an auction background)
If you wish to apply, please send your CV and cover letter via email to Recruitment by the 28th January 2022 at midnight.
We thank you for your interest in this position but please note that we will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration.
Bonhams is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.