Gagosian seeks a full-time Archivist to join its Beverly Hills team.
Reporting to the senior Archivists, the Archivist will create, enhance, and manage access to 30-plus-year-photographic archival data for the Sales, Publications, and Registrar departments. The ideal candidate will have the ability to multitask, work both independently and collaboratively, with superb communication and organization skills, and an eye for detail. The Archivist will maintain the organizational structure of image file servers, and executive personal devices.
The position schedule is Tuesday–Saturday, 9:30am–6pm, with additional hours for openings and events.
Duties include but not limited to
– Field requests for photographs of artworks and exhibition installations associated with Gagosian and gallery-represented artists.
– Develop a quick response time for requests; managing multiple projects at once.
– Assemble exhibition and art fair show folders from coordinator checklists, determining which works of art must be photographed or rephotographed.
– Organize, process, and assign relevant metadata to incoming images according to documented procedures, and maintain procedural documentation supporting Archivist duties.
– Create to-scale digital art mock-ups in Photoshop.
– Review and format information output from the Gagosian database, label all incoming and outgoing artwork and exhibition imagery, and populate images in the gallery database.
– Assist senior Archivists by scheduling on and off-site photography, and securing and approving photography estimates.
– Assist with press requests and approvals for image usage.
– Ad hoc projects as assigned.
– Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and basic to advanced digital photography skills. Proficiency in SketchUp a plus.
– Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
– Knowledge and experience working with relational databases preferred.
– Background in Art History, preferred.
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including two weeks paid vacation which increases with tenure.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Archivist (Beverly Hills)” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to California Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.