Canadian Posters International Inc. is a new Ardenton Capital Portfolio investment. The company, which operates as PI Fine Art and PI Creative Art (collectively known as “PI Group”), is a leading and one of the largest, full-service vertically integrated art companies in North America.
- PI Fine Art specializes in wall art, custom wall-covering, mirrors and décor for hotels, as well as healthcare, commercial and residential spaces.
- PI Creative Art is a pioneer in the art publishing industry as a leading source of fresh decorative imagery, primarily serving the retail market.
PI was founded in 1976 by Esther Cohen, an industry legend who was one of the first to wholesale art posters in Canada. Capabilities have since expanded to include art development, printing and framing, accompanied by the addition of an art studio and showroom.
We are seeking an Art Consultant to support our Hospitality Art Development team on a 12-month contract basis.
The Art Consultant, Hospitality Art Development is the tastemaker for our hospitality designers, sales reps and clients in the development of art for custom projects. This role will be responsible for curating and conceptualizing the art inspiration from and with the client, researching art, artists and vendors, materials and production requirements; shepherding custom projects through the art department ensuring that the project remains inline and on schedule with the client.
The Art Consultant, Hospitality Art Development is a creative visionary and art expert with an uncanny ability for story telling through great design. This role will be responsible for providing ideas and inspiration to the creative team.
As PI Fine Art continues to develop its stake in the high-end, boutique hospitality industry, the Art Consultant, Hospitality Art Development will be an important part of the creative team. Their understanding of the art world, and interior design capabilities will be essential to success in this role.
- Attends client briefs, reviews art narrative and vision for the specified project
- Develops art program and curates for a variety of projects with a focus on the hospitality market
- Conceptualizes themes and inspirational art packages to reflect a clients’ needs
- Sources art locally and internationally as per projects requirements
- Manages site specific commissions
- Plans artwork placement throughout the projects’ elevation plans
- Monitors client satisfaction and helps direct their final decisions to final art acquisition and/or fabrication via external and internal resources
- Supports art direction of the project and is a resource for the in-house creative team to develop and improve their designs
- Consults and supports the sales reps and account managers across North America on custom and new program development
- Evaluates each employee’s art language and art development evaluate strengths and weaknesses and provide training and improvement as needed.
- Works with key stakeholders in the project including sales, design, procurement, and production teams
- Overlooks artist contracts, budget, art handling transportation and installation in conjunction with the project coordinator
CURATION AND CATALOGING
- Curates artists and photographers in a variety of mediums locally and internationally
- Maintains a catalog of resources by geographical region
- Develops catalogue of inspiration and art concepts for both graphic design, art, and product development.
- Successfully converts client inquiries from sales opportunity to creative concept to final specification
- Creates and maintains a database of multi-disciplinary artists locally and internationally that can be leveraged in art consultation
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in a gallery, arts or interior design business
- Post-secondary degree in Art History or Visual Arts related discipline
- Knowledge of Canadian art (historical, post-war, contemporary as well as knowledge of the art market)
- Experience working with clients in a project management capacity in a creative field is an asset
- Professional presentation with excellent communication, writing, organizational, time management and customer service skills
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator), Pinterest and similar platforms, Filemaker, Excel
- Car and Driver’s licence
- Ability to do light travel throughout North America
- Experience with Art Shows and working with the Artist Community
- 2 years of Hospitality Art Sales or Interior Design Firm experience
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please do not reach out to any of the PI team members regarding this role.
PI Group is an equal opportunity employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.