What if you could inspire to make everyday life just a little bit better?
The answer is simple: You can. This is what motivates us at IKEA. We’re constantly searching to find new ways to be better. We use insights from real life at home all over the world, learning about the needs and dreams of people. We use our home furnishing knowledge to help inspire people with ideas and solutions that will help them live the life they want.
At IKEA Communications, we’re people-centric, have a passion for making great stuff, and we aim to be the best communication partner for the whole of IKEA. We work closely and together with our colleagues across IKEA, creating state-of-the-art communication at the lowest price. Located in Älmhult, Sweden, we’re a melting pot of many different nationalities and cultures. Because in order to make things better for the many, we want to involve people from all parts of the world. Nonetheless, we never forget our Swedish heritage that forms the backbone of who we are today.
We’re on the lookout for passionate doers, idea makers, creative thinkers – people who want to find answers to everyday problems in people’s lives, for society and the planet.
Do you also believe in celebrating the everyday life? Do you want to be part of making it happen from idea to paper or pixel? Then keep on reading.
This assignment is about combining creativity, story-telling and technology, to define, create and deliver great communication that engages target audiences and strengthens IKEA business goals and identity. Through this you contribute to stimulating home furnishing interest, building a strong brand position and increase visitation. It’s a role where you define and research the assignment and lead and collaborate in creative teams (Creative leader, copywriter, interior designer, photographer, 3D artist etc)
Within Your Assignment You Will Also
- Interpret the brief and set the strategic direction for the communication.
- Create communication concepts together with a core team according to IKEA positioning and communication strategies, Tone of Voice, trends, smart production methods and up to date consumer insights.
- Explore possibilities/limitations to reach relevant target audience in all media platforms (Web, Mobile, Print, Film, Social media, Store, Exhibition & events etc.)
- Generate and develop ideas to be visualised through communication, sketches and storyboards together with team members.
- Present communication platform together with ideas and solutions to assignors.
- Execute ideas into communication together with the creative team.
- Oversee production and delivery to make sure that the final result is in line with agreed communication platform.
- Develop and maintain good relations and excellent collaboration with all team members and stakeholders, within and outside IKEA Communications.
You are skilled at turning strategies into creative concepts. You love collaborating at all levels of an organisation, including presenting and selling-in your ideas, and working closely with internal partners. You’ll be open to exploring new ways of doing things, and be willing to take on assignments big and small.
You’re a strategic thinker who is self-motivated, adaptable, talented and passionate about communication and collaboration. You have innovative ideas and you’re not afraid to ask ’what if?’. You’re focused on meeting your deadlines but willing to lend a hand when needed.
You are curious by nature and passionate about people’s life at home, and up-to-date in design, fashion and retail trends. You have a great interest in consumer behaviour and social and cultural trends.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment where every day can be different, and have a core motivation in development, learning and sharing knowledge.
A passion for home furnishings is a given, and a keen interest in sustainability always a plus!
Does this sound exciting? If so, we want to hear from you! This is your chance to work for a company that encourages personal development and embraces a work/life balance. And our chance to get to know you!
We Also Believe You Have
- 5+ years of relevant experience – education and/or working experience in communication design, art direction, visual communication or equivalent, in an international setting.
- Experience in leading a creative team through execution of campaigns from concept development to completion, across a multitude of media. Shown in personal portfolio.
- Ability to embrace and develop a strong brand identity
- Deep knowledge in visual design, layout, typography, photography and consumer behaviours.
- Up-to-date knowledge of today’s multi-channel landscape, market and industry trends.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and manage your own workload.
- Ability to present ideas to internal stakeholders, with confidence and professionalism.
- A flexible mindset, and are comfortable working in an unpredictable environment.
- Good knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
This is a place where you can focus on doing what you love. There are no dress codes or closed offices. No day is ever the same. All ideas are welcome. Everyone tries to pitch in when needed, and failures are seen as a way of learning. When you enter our building, we want you to feel that you can inspire billions of people all over the world.
Are you ready to make the world a little better, together? We want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application, in English. Please note that this position is in Älmhult, Sweden. Älmhult is an inspirational working environment, based on creativity and innovation, which gives you the opportunity to work and interact with people from all around the world. Älmhult has excellent commuting possibilities with hourly trains to Malmö, Lund and Växjö, and an IKEA shuttle bus run back and forth to Helsingborg two times a day.
In this role you will report to Martina Sandberg, Art Direction Manager. If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process please contact Recruiter Jonas Levin at +46 72 886 53 84
This ad was published on the 10th of September and will be applicable approximately three weeks after publishing date. But the recruitment is an ongoing process so if we find the right candidate before we might close the possibility to apply before
Does this sound like your next challenge?