About the job
VI, VII gallery in Oslo seeks a part-time Gallery Registrar to join its team.
The ideal candidate is highly organized with a keen eye for detail, reliable and has the ability to multitask complexity with attention to time-sensitivity. In addition the candidate should be an excellent communicator, who excels in a fast-paced environment.
This role is responsible for the safe, professional handling, packing, delivery and installation of works of art and provides the gallery’s client services team with support, helping to improve the post-sale process.
Inventory and database management
- Accurate management of gallery inventory; inputting, monitoring and maintaining artwork records within the gallery database. Support inquiries and requests by ensuring records are consistent, up-to-date and accurate at all times.
- Assist with processing, condition checking, cataloguing, and labeling of incoming and outgoing artworks, ensuring all pertinent details and images are accurate and entered correctly into database.
- Coordinate local, domestic and international shipments of artworks
- Plan/initiate transports and ensure correct commercial documents for customs.
- Generate condition reports, loan agreements, consignments, edition record-keeping and shipment logistics following all sales, loans and inventory transactions.
- Track artworks and record their whereabouts and conditions
- Pack and ensure safe handling and packing of artworks
- Organize all storage locations
- Order packing material and keep it in stock
- Tracking and recording expenses
Art Fair and Exhibition support
- Handle incoming and outgoing consignments and loan agreements
- Communicate with clients, consignees and lenders regarding logistics and loans.
- Assist team with art fairs and exhibitions
- Create condition reports
- Deliver professional and efficient post-sales service to our global clientele.
- Work closely with the team to develop strategies and procedures to further professionalise our client services department.
A valid driver’s license is required.
Fluency in English is required, Fluency in Norwegian is preferred.
Traveling may be expected.
- Experience packing and physically handling works of art
- Ability to handle high volume and complexity in a time-sensitive manner
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of fine-art suppliers, packing/crating, modes of transport, import and export compliance in the US and abroad
- Understanding of VAT, sales tax and insurance as it relates to shipments
- Experience with inventory database systems (Artlogic, ArtButler, Artbase, etc) are a plus.