Artnet News is the world’s most-read and best-trusted art publication, providing exclusive, agenda-setting coverage to an audience of millions of art-world insiders and art lovers alike. Artnet News is a division of Artnet, the leading international platform to buy, sell, and research art online, which was founded over 30 years ago with the mission to make the art market more transparent, efficient, and accessible.
You will be reporting to an assigned editor of Artnet News, which has offices in Berlin, London, and New York, working with the editorial team to help shape Artnet News’s leading coverage of the dynamic, rapidly evolving art industry.
- Pitch news article ideas to assigning editor every morning based on breaking developments and write resulting articles (1-2 per day).
- Focus on stories at the intersection of art and technology (i.e., NFTs, social media, VR/AR, video games, etc.) that have wide relevance to a broad readership
- Monitor developments on the art & technology beat, breaking news on both big and incremental advancements/changes
- Pitch in on non-tech news coverage as needed, particularly involving the intersections of art and pop culture and art and archaeology
- Assist with Artnet News’ art fair, auction, biennial, and event coverage.
- Contribute to crowdsourced and team-reported articles.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with a Rolodex of sources to produce exclusive articles.
- Have at least one source cultivation meeting per week.
- Write at least 2 reported features per month.
- Collaborate with News editors, the social media department, and the multimedia department to create content, events, and activations relating to the intersection of art & technology.
- 3-5 years of journalistic experience
- Demonstrated ability to write about the art and tech intersection at high level
- Familiarity with the art world, art history, and the art market
- Ability to report, write, and file clean, accurate, and engaging copy on tight deadlines
- Collegial demeanor and ability to work respectfully and collaboratively with team of fellow world-class journalists
Why join our team?
At Artnet we strive to create a culture that is collaborative and dynamic, with tons of room for growth.
- Comprehensive Health Package: We offer great medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Life and Disability Coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off: 20 PTO days annually, unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave: Robust paid time off for new parents
- Pre-tax Health and Transit-Saving Options
- 401(K) Match: Join the team and we will invest in your future
- Health and Wellness: We care about your wellbeing, and offer corporate gym memberships as well as monthly gym reimbursement