The Artist Liaison will gain experience working within the Uprise Art Curatorial team, and focus on artwork inventory management and creating sustainable and efficient systems. This is an entry-level to intermediate position with room for growth.
We’re seeking an organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated applicant that possesses exceptional art writing skills and a strong knowledge of contemporary art. The applicant should be well-versed in artist materials, fluent in gallery registration best practices, and thoroughly understand collection management; however, the most important skills are the ability to learn quickly and execute thoroughly. As a representative of the gallery who interfaces with artists, applicants should be personable and have a high-level of social intelligence.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of the Uprise Art artist roster and artwork inventory
- Interfacing with artists from the Uprise Art roster
- Assisting with artist submissions, scouting and outreach
- Managing digital inventory across the gallery website as well as client platforms (ex: Artsy)
- Leveraging data from sales, web behaviors, and collector information to create inventory growth goals and anticipate demand
- Applying to art fairs and coordinating offline exhibitions
- Facilitating artist agreements, and managing consignments and loans
- Actively participating in full company meetings and Curatorial Department meetings