Phillips is an international auction house, conducting sales of Contemporary Art, Photographs, Design, Modern & Contemporary Editions, Jewels and Watches. Phillips, in Association with BACS & RUSSO, the worldwide market leader in watch auctions, is currently seeking an organised and motivated individual to fulfil a full or part-time (to be discussed) administrative assistant position supporting the two Directors of BACS & RUSSO, Senior Consultants to Phillips.
Based in Geneva, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing all aspects of administrative and logistic support to the Senior Consultants, managing and organising their day to day activities, as well as working on interdisciplinary projects with affiliated departments and team members as requested.
This will be an extraordinary opportunity to work within the luxury sector and learn everything there is to know about the watch auction world. You will interact daily with world leading specialists in the field of horology and integrate a role with many client interaction and project work.
Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of day to day activity for the Senior Consultants such as:
- Composing, maintaining and editing correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material.
- Scheduling appointments and coordinating meetings (both external and internal) and maintaining calendars accordingly (clients, press, watch manufacturers).
- Making travel arrangements, liaising with the approved travel companies and following associated procedures (transport, travel accommodation, bookings, visas).
- Submitting expense reports, adhering to the timescales defined by the finance team.
- Supporting the pre-sale exhibition and auction period, to provide clients with requested lot information, register for bidding and during the sale, including phone bidding, as needed.
- Liaising with other Colleagues on special projects as they arise.
- Performing any other ad-hoc duties as requested.
- Assisting the Senior Consultants with private tasks as requested..
Professional Skills and Experience
- Information gathering, organisation and prioritising skills
- Excellent communication skills to work effectively within a team and with clients
- Proactive and able to use own initiative
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing situations.
Education and Training
- University degree or equivalent
- Fluency in French and English; Italian and German are a plus
- Excellent presentation
- Diligent, attention to details and high level of confidentiality
- Valid work permit in Switzerland
- Interest in watches is a plus
Young, dynamic and motivated team in a locally rooted and internationally oriented company
Agile environment that promotes your individual developme
The chance to take an active role in the team and help shape changes.
Candidates are required to apply with a current CV and a cover letter by email to Ms Clara Kessi [email protected]