M+ is a museum dedicated to collecting, exhibiting, and interpreting visual art, design and architecture, moving image, and Hong Kong visual culture of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. In Hong Kong’s West Kowloon Cultural District, we are building one of the largest museums of modern and contemporary visual culture in the world, with a bold ambition to establish ourselves as one of the world’s leading cultural institutions. Our aim is to create a new kind of museum that reflects our unique time and place, a museum that builds on Hong Kong’s historic balance of the local and international to define a distinctive and innovative voice for Asia’s twenty-first century.
(Candidate with less experience may be considered for the post of Assistant Curator)
You will be responsible for:
- contributing to the development of the museum’s curatorial strategies and programmes in relation to Design and Architecture;
- contributing to the development of the museum’s collections of Design and Architecture through researching on existing collections, and proposing new acquisitions; maintaining accurate records of objects in the museum collections;
- assisting with research, planning and coordination of exhibitions and other public programmes with a focus on Design and Architecture, and working with other curatorial teams when required;
- organising and planning meetings in relation to curatorial planning and strategic development with other curatorial teams and relevant external parties;
- collaborating with collection and exhibition teams, as well as museum operations teams when required; and
- contributing to the overall development of the future M+ Museum, including exhibitions, publications and other public programmes.
- possess a recognised university degree in Design or Architecture or equivalent;
- have 6-9 years of experience in researching, planning and/or implementing exhibitions and other public programmes;
- have strong research skills and the ability to communicate ideas to a wide range of audiences;
- showcase an excellent knowledge of the histories and current state of design and/or architecture in Asia, with an active area of a developed subject and interest;
- demonstrate experience of working in a museum setting or a large-scale arts organisation with international scope and collection; and
- have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese and/or another Asian language.
For interested parties, please submit your application with detailed CV on or before following date. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible. The review of applications will continue until post is filled.
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Your data may be accessed by our appointed recruitment consultants who have agreed to keep confidence of all personal data in not less than the standards applicable to us. Applicants not being invited for interview within 4 weeks from the submission date may assume their applications unsuccessful.
All related information will be kept up to 24 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.
For more information, please visit https://www.westkowloon.hk or contact:
Louise Yeung/+852 22003722