Artsy is seeking an experienced sales leader who will help ensure the success of our global strategic partnerships. The Large Accounts Fairs team manages partnerships and relationships with the world’s top fairs and other strategic partners (eg. gallery weekends, associations, biennials). The Associate Director will be a “player-coach” for the Fairs team—driving sales and key partnerships, while also managing a global team. The art world is changing faster than ever, and this role has the potential to help shape the future of the art world by crafting partnerships with art fairs looking to invest more in their digital presence. We are looking for a thought leader who will bring a deep understanding of the fairs landscape to our product teams, helping to create the gold standard for virtual fair experiences.
- Manage a team of 4 senior sales and project managers based in our New York, London, and Berlin offices.
- Manage your own sales portfolio of fair partners and drive new business with a focus on the NALA region.
- Build relationships with top decision makers and influencers in the art world
- Independently identify and propose new high-impact production and partnership opportunities, guiding evolution of offering and implementation of changes or new services with the team.
- Oversee multiple pillars of fairs operations, including learning & development, resource planning, people management, and revenue / KPI forecasting.
- Manages team strategic planning (OKR) process (planning, soliciting feedback, drafting OKRs, coordinating with core leaders) with strategic support from Senior Director.
- 5+ years in business development, sales, and/or sales-oriented account management (including 2+ years people management experience)
- Deep sales experience building relationships to support partner needs and revenue goals
- Proven success in quota-carrying, sales management role
- Highly organized and able to manage a sales pipeline efficiently and effectively; strong time management skills, and experience using a Sales CRM.
- Fluency in international art markets; birds-eye knowledge of all major players, competitors, and clients.
- Experience bringing new offerings to market, either on the marketing, business strategy, or sales side (or all of the above).
- Comfortable managing communication and outreach across a diverse target client-base. Able to manage and creatively problem solve around difficult client conversations
- Metrics-driven and results-oriented
This position is full-time and starts immediately. To apply, please submit your resumé and a cover letter here. When you apply, you will be directed to a third party site.
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.A
rtsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.