at Artsy in New York
Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, with more than 1,000,000 works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 of the world’s leading galleries, auction houses, art fairs, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy is seeking an Auctions Liaison for the Collector Relations Team to develop and grow auctions on Artsy, building bespoke experiences for both collectors, auction and gallery partners. This is a 4 month full time role based in New York.
Artsy Auctions aims to be the online platform for fostering the next generation of collectors by providing a beautifully designed bidding experience and making artworks from auctions around the globe accessible to anyone with an internet connection. We are looking for someone who is excited by and willing to dive into the world of art auctions.
The auctions liaison will provide integral support to Artsy’s secondary market opportunities, including all Artsy gallery auctions and curated auctions, as well as commercial and benefit auctions. Excellent end-to-end sales management is essential to the success of Artsy’s auctions and involves frequent cross departmental collaboration, data analysis, registration management, liaising with auction partners and collectors, selling the sale through targeted collector outreach, and post-sale management.
- Work closely with the Auctions team and relevant collaborators to ensure all auctions meet their financial goals
- Collaborate on all pricing and curation for auctions, using market research and proprietary data
- Manage assigned auctions from start to finish – from curation to close – and represent Artsy’s technological integration with auction events and salerooms across the globe, as necessary.
- Manage all communications with both collectors and partners in a timely manner
- Address client inquiries with the goal of selling artwork on Artsy
- Coordinate communications for the Collector Relations team
- 0-3 years experience in art or related industry (Art market knowledge, familiarity with auctions, and understanding of auction artwork pricing)
- Must be willing to work standard Eastern hours
- Experience handling large volume of digital content and managing time-sensitive deadlines within fast-paced work environment
- Highly collaborative and communicative self-starter with experience in project management
- Able to juggle multiple communications from different types of clients
- Willingness to adapt to changing processes and a can-do attitude
- Detail oriented and can work calmly and patiently under pressure
- Flexible schedule; occasionally manage auctions outside standard working hours
Artsy has six core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We are obsessed with art because we believe in its power to move us and change the way we experience the world. Together, we are dedicated to expanding art’s impact on humanity.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We have the courage to be vulnerable, to communicate honestly, and to invite diverse perspectives. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace learning, growth, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both Art and Science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Do the Right Thing, Always: We are building a company and community we can all be proud of. We make decisions with honesty and integrity, even when it’s not convenient. Empathy, respect, and inclusivity are core to our mission.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.