Los Angeles, CA
Closing date: 1 Mar 2022
Our Los Angeles based Popular Culture Department is seeking a full-time Cataloguer for immediate hire. An integral role in the expert department, they will support the Specialists in the successful delivery of auctions as well as the day to day running of the department.
In your role as Cataloguer you will be required to carry out the following:
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Sourcing, researching and cataloging
• Researching Provenance of works
• Writing catalog notes
• Working with Administrator on Catalog Photography
• Preparing and sending condition reports
• Responding to email valuation enquiries and dealing with in person valuations
• Assisting with Insurance and Estate Tax valuations
• Business getting trips
• Assisting with the layout of catalogues
• Co-ordinating marketing with the Advertising team
• Contacting clients pre-auction to market upcoming auctions
• Meeting and corresponding with clients
• Assisting with shipping
• Inventory control
• Contract management
• Work with Administrator on general administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of the department
In addition to the tasks and responsibilities listed, you may be required to perform other duties as assigned by your Manager.
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
• Competent Microsoft Word and Excel skills, ability to take and store digital photographs
• Excellent time management and organization skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
• Able to work as part of team, and independently
• Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Excellent attention to detail
• Knowledge of Film and Television History
• Experience with handling costumes and manuscripts
• Previous Auction House or Museum experience
If you wish to apply, send your CV and cover letter to the People Team via email to Recruitment, with ‘Cataloguer, Pop Culture’ in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly, please no calls.
In addition to an active and progressive work environment, Bonhams offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement plans with a company match, flexible spending accounts and commuter benefits. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and offer a generous vacation policy.
Bonhams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.