New York, NY
Closing date: 31 Jul 2021
We are seeking outgoing and personable Client Service Administrators to join our New York based team on a full-time basis to provide an outstanding experience to our clients and visitors.
Our ideal candidates are positive, quick problem-solvers who thrive in a busy and highly visible role, have a passion for the arts and delivering memorable and effective customer service.
In this role you will:
• Oversee the front desk and ensure that the lobby area is always clean and tidy
• Ensure that our visitors and clients feel acknowledged, welcomed, and well informed, and are quickly connected to appropriate Bonhams department and staff members should they have any inquiries
• Stay informed and aware of the preview and auction schedule for each of our locations
• Service client queries by phone, team email inbox, and in person, quickly and accurately
• Maintain the appearance of our public areas and meeting rooms
• Assist with pre and post-sale administration by issuing paddles, before and during auction, taking and entering absentee bids, and processing internet bids and web related queries
• Manage client’s accounts, updating internal systems with client details and ensuring appropriate ID is on file
• Engage in cashiering responsibilities: recording payments accurately, balancing sales, and handling cash when necessary
• Supply Bonhams shipping quotes and coordinate with the operations and shipping departments for collections
• Be flexible with your schedule, as this role provides support during special events, sale previews and offsite auctions
• Maintain a supply of current auction catalogs at the front counter
• Oversee the opening and closing of the lobby daily
• Support new hire and ongoing training initiatives
• Be available and interested in assisting with ad-hoc projects as they arise
• Prior experience in a busy customer service environment is a must
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrate first class customer service skills and experience dealing with a diverse range of people
• Be a positive team player, able to maintain knowledge of departments, personnel, department experts, names and titles of senior management and executive officers, as well as branch locations
• Experience employing quick and appropriate problem-solving skills, able to remain calm and collected under pressure
• A genuine interest and general knowledge of art history and art market
• Have thorough knowledge of Microsoft/Outlook and database systems
• Foreign language(s) a plus: Spanish, Mandarin or Cantonese preferred
• Must be flexible to cover a fluid and growing sales schedule, inclusive of evenings and weekends
• Be available to start immediately
Please send your CV and cover letter via email to Recruitment. Please list ‘Client Services, NY’ in the subject line.
Bonhams offers health, dental and vision benefit options, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid time off, pre-tax commuter benefits and more. We thank you for your interest in this position, please note that we will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
Bonhams is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.