About the job
The Client Services Manager will have overall responsibility for Client Services in Hong Kong. He or she will foster continuous improvement in client services, working closely with the Head of Gallery Programming, developing team building, close monitoring of service levels, and identifying opportunities to enhance service efficiency. He/she will design and implement training modules to support the team. He/she will oversee that the auction registration process is efficient, seamless, flawless and according to the highest standards of service. He/she will be versatile and adaptable, willing to help with responsibilities beyond the core client services functions when needed. The successful candidate should consistently provide the highest level of professional service to our clients as well as Phillips colleagues. Phillips values a workforce with a wide variety of experiences, backgrounds and skills, so we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day management responsibility for the Client Services team during all periods of activity (auctions, exhibitions, events and downtime activities).
- Ensure all transactional responsibilities of the Client Services team are effectively carried out, service levels are maintained, and make certain that we are consistently providing an exceptional “one-stop shop” experience for clients across all client touch points.
- Manage performance monitoring of all staff within Client Services.
- Determine and assign appropriate front of house coverage to maximize efficiency and fulfill all auctions, exhibitions, events, including during weekends as required.
- Define training modules, schedules, effective coaching and monitoring sessions to junior staff.
- Ensure Client Services standards and standard operating procedures are maintained, updated, and communicated to team members.
- Ensure efficient processes are in place in order to process effectively all registration requests.
- Ensure public areas and Front of House areas are always clean, in order to maintain an excellent standard in terms of esthetics; liaise with all departments to fix and address any issues.
- Ensure escalated issues are addressed, provide feedback, and implement process changes as appropriate.
- Pro-actively develop relationships and educate the wider business on Client Services, including staff in Operations, Specialists, Finance, etc.
- Create and implement a culture focused on client services across all levels of the business by designing training programs across all levels of the business.
- Recommend initiatives, eventually implement and monitor the implementation of these initiatives focused on improving client service for all clients at all levels of transactions.
- Act on the ground with the team in the following tasks:
- Pre-sale registration: in person, telephone, absentee and online bidding;
- Handle Catalogue requests and sales;
- Manage client enquiries and maintain a good client relationship by seeing to clients’ needs;
- Verify and update client accounts and information;
- Act as a liaison with the departments on behalf of clients;
- Post-sale payment: work closely with Finance on client payment after the private and auction sales.
- Support premier client experience by ensuring front of house desk set-up, marketing collateral and signage; meet standards and suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Actively participate in global initiatives to improve the Client Experience as directed by manager.
- Must be available to work on weekends and evenings as necessary.
- Must adhere to required front of house attire during working hours.
- Work closely with bids coordinator on registrations for auctions:
- Provide back-office support for bids department;
- Operate online bidding platform;
- Assist with KYC checks for new and existing clients.
- Perform any ad-hoc duties as required.
Professional Skills and Experience
- Auction House experience is desirable.
- Proven experience in managing teams, implementing projects, and supporting culture change.
- Additional language skills are desirable.
Education and Training
- BA/BS or comparable working experience working with clients preferred.
- Art History background desirable, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to reflect the image and standards of Phillips in all situations in accordance with Client Services standards.
- Excellent client-relations and presentation skills including confidence, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work professionally and responsibly with all other areas within the business.
- Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to service levels and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills and ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to deal effectively and efficiently with multiple tasks.
- Proactive with excellent organization skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet strict deadlines.
- Willingness to be trained and act as first aider and fire warden.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to manage expectations and push back on demands when required.
- Work is undertaken primarily within our Hong Kong office.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.