Christie’s, the world’s largest Art Auction Business, is an incredibly exciting & enriching place to continue your career. Whether you work within one of our Specialist Art Departments or in our more Operational focused teams, we are all working together with one common goal in mind: to continue the success of this 250 plus year old company, steeped in history, bringing constant innovation whilst not forgetting our corporate values: Passionate Expertise, Exceptional Client Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Business Judgement, Innovation & Respect. Colleagues across all departments are truly passionate about what they do, and it is constantly inspiring to work with industry leaders across all segments of the business.
Christie’s marketing team is on the hunt for a dynamic Creative Director to join its fast paced team. In this role, the Creative Director will lead and inspire the creative team through innovative creative strategy, ideas and design output. The Creative Director will have the opportunity to shape and innovate the course of creative marketing at Christie’s, through cross media campaign and in-person experiences for Christie’s Live, Online and Private Sales. This role will be a dream job for someone who is able to confidently manage internal stakeholders while being a passionate leader of the design process, ensuring a sustainable, inclusive and communicative working environment to help motivate designers to deliver all encompassing, innovative luxury client experiences. This role will partner with a head of creative studios to drive the creative vision in the Americas, and will be a hybrid of leadership and hands on design.
Specific duties & responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Build a dynamic approach to digital first design with a program of continued review and optimization to ensure Christie’s remains at the forefront of digital campaign innovation.
- Develop digitally native and dynamic campaign solutions to demonstrate best in class thinking.
- Lead by example through brainstorming, strategizing and presenting campaign plans that help communicate the key messages whilst ensuring the final creative product is of the highest standard.
- Collaborate with marketing and specialist departments to execute ideas, whilst implementing strategic tactics on time and within budget.
- Collaborate as required with our in-house Strategy, Content, Proposal and Creative teams across EMEA, Asia, Digital Design and Development teams to help deliver global projects.
- Initiate, develop and implement cross media visual identities for high profile collections, auctions and events.
- Ensure effective partnerships with external agencies and partners as appropriate.
- Partner with Exhibition Creative Lead to shape the design look and feel of our flagship auction and salerooms, and drive a client-centric approach to in-person experiences through a knowledge of the latest technological and digital advancements, sustainable production techniques, safety guidelines and exhibition design best practice.
- Proactively drive innovation by utilizing client insights and visitor metrics to better understand special effectiveness for client/press events, simultaneously online and in-person.
- Collaborate as required with our in-house Creative teams across EMEA, Asia, Digital Design and development teams to deliver cross regional projects such as tours or traveling exhibitions.
- Help develop a compelling vision for video and photo content alongside specialists and content leads.
- Collaborate with content teams to find innovative creative uses for social media platforms (e.g. Instagram Live, Reels & TV, TikTok, etc)
- Be proactive in proposing and developing dynamic edit techniques to optimize content for various channels.
- Ensure brand consistency through the adherence to and development of our global Style Guide and oversee application of these across all Americas design outputs, helping to foster industry-leading work.
- Own the design templates and style guide to ensure a cohesive client journey, ensure that the existing touchpoints are aligned creatively.
- Be an external brand guardian, protecting Christie’s through consistent use of our logotype, templates, copy and tone of voice guidelines across strategic partner touchpoints.
- 10+ years of design experience client or agency side
- Strong presentation ability to key stakeholders and leadership.
- Strong leadership ability in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to drive change in a big organization, with equal emphasis on process and outcome.
- Significant experience managing agile creative teams within art, luxury or fashion retail industries.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro. Experience in Sketch, Figma and other digital creative tools.
- A natural innovator.
- Ability to think strategically and translate creative ideas into commercial objectives.
- Strong storytelling, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong typography grounding (for screen and print).
- Experience in brand supervision, development and implementation.
- Experience art directing photoshoots and video production.
- Familiarity with the operations and procedures of a content production team.
- Knowledge of digital trends, omni-channel marketing, online media, social networks.
- Proven background in designing high-quality content for premium brands with a strong portfolio showing visual and interactive design work.
- Strong sense of ownership and able to apply consistent design standards across all design outputs at Christie’s.
- Attuned to both the Christie’s brand, its competitors, and the wider art market landscape.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision care plans for employees and dependents (On average, Christie’s pays 80% of total premiums)
- 401(k) Savings Plan – Christie’s provides a matching contribution up to 5% (subject to IRS limits)
- Life Insurance – 3x base salary up to $400k (100% paid by Christie’s)
- Disability Insurance (100% paid by Christie’s)
- Generous time-off and leave policies; including 100% Paid Family Leave up to 16 weeks.
- Onsite weekly yoga class
- Fitness Reimbursement Program: reimbursement of eligible fitness fees and memberships up to $520 per year
- Annual Discretionary Performance Bonus Plan
- Commuter Benefits – Pre-tax money towards your daily commute with a Christie’s contribution of $21 per month
- Back Up Child & Elder Care – up to 10 days of back-up Child or Elder Care through Bright Horizons
- CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Day- Each employee receives one paid day per year to dedicate their time to a charity of their choice.
- Perks and Discounts through Zo and Plum Benefits
*Christie’s reserves the right to change company benefits at any time