MediaMonks Japan is looking for a rockstar Creative Director (CD) to join our team in establishing MediaMonks as one of the top creative production partners. In this role, you’ll provide our clients with creative strategy, ideas and direction, bringing forth award-winning concepts and campaigns for leading brands.
Role & Responsibilities
- As a digital CD at a global creative production agency, life’s a pitch: you engage projects for a living and relay responsibilities to others once the ball is rolling in the right (creative) direction.
- You’ll work as part of our pitch pack to win pitches and lead concepts for A-list clients.
- You’ll also own the creative execution of projects, seeing them through from pitch to final delivery.
- You’ll visit clients throughout the region, leading workshops and providing creative direction for any kind of project.
- This role is focused on digital, creative technology, experiential and content creative and production, with the strongest focus on platform UX and design.
- You bring top-notch executional thinking to the table and provide creative consultation when it comes to the nitty-gritty of a highly creative and technical project.
- You are not afraid to get your hands dirty. From concepting, to designing, to deck building, you are really getting into the daily grind of things.
- As a CD at MediaMonks, you’re part ofthe most awesome production agency on the planet, operating as ‘one office across 40 locations globally’ with an incredible in-house team of 2500+ Monks and counting.
- We’re looking for a digital creative connoisseur with 10+ years of high-level experience in digital creative concept development and execution (with a background in design), generating insights and ideas for A-list clients that are in line with the brand, strategy and budget.
- Make no mistake, this role requires you to put pen to paper and come up with buzzworthy ideas and concepts, and have the ability to present them in equally compelling decks.
- You will take ownership of the creative deliverables of projects, providing strong leadership and direction throughout all stages of a project, including the management of a wider team of creatives, designers, and animators.
- You know how to show leadership without a show of force, giving our in-house teams a clear creative direction and ownership over their projects.
- You can independently lead fast-paced pitches but also love going the extra mile when painstakingly pushing running projects to perfection.
- You’re a digital genius with an innate taste for the latest and greatest digital technology, an instinct for snappy writing and a natural feel for visual design and experience design.
- You’re confident leading different types of work with a strong focus on digital and creative technology bringing ideas to life that are pushing the boundaries of innovation all the way to platforms, social content, immersive AR/VR and experiential. You also love when all the efforts come together into a campaign.
- In digital, the user experience for platforms is king, and so you should be a sovereign when it comes to shaping concepts that are user-centric, captivating and inspiring.
- You can comfortably lead large scale platform jobs running UX, strategy, holistic CX concept development and UI design in collaborations with client and internal teams.
- You partner well with client teams – helping them articulate their business objectives and formulate a brief that informs the creative strategy as well as internal creative and design teams.
- With strong pitching and presentation skills, you can represent MediaMonks by showcasing ourcredentials, capabilities, culture and working model to clients.
- As part of a global company operating as one team across time zones, you need to be able to successfully work at a distance being comfortable with video calls.
- You understand the process and politics of advertising inside out and know when to be pragmatic if that’s what it takes to keep things moving.
- You need to be able to speak fluently in both English and Japanese.
If this sounds like you, get in touch on [email protected]
Come Turn Concepts into Projects
MediaMonks is one of those (50) companies creative people would kill to work for. You’ll be part of a young, successful and crazy-ambitious company that is determined to reach Mars before Musk. In addition to an unlimited supply of incredible coworkers, MediaMonks gets you a one-of-a-kind company culture, amplified by all the awards.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this role and accompany your portfolio with a tailored letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.