Since 2004, JRP|Editions (formerly JRP|Ringier) has established itself as one of the leading international and independent publishers of contemporary art, partnering with artists, museums, galleries, and private institutions worldwide. We have built up a catalogue of more than 500 titles currently in active distribution (in English, German, and French) in the contemporary art field.
In 2019, JRP|Editions launched its Multiples department, which produces limited editions such as lithographs, screen prints, sculptures, mirrors, and bronzes. We have collaborated with artists such as Kenny Scharf, Wade Guyton, Jenny Holzer and John Armleder to offer the most desirable multiples to our collectors around the world.
About the Job
In order to support our fast-growing business, we are looking for a hardworking and self-motivated team player to initiate, develop and support artist relationships. You will contribute to JRP|Editions’ artist portfolio and curatorial strategy. Involved in every aspect of instigating, planning and producing art multiples for your artists, you will be the main point of contact for the artist and their studio. The selected candidate will also act as regional office Director, with a wide range of responsibilities within this full-time role.
● Identifying and approaching new artists
● Managing and supporting represented artists to build strong partnerships for the long term. You will nurture artist relationships with regular exchange and actively propose new creative ideas leading to repeat collaborations
● Working closely with the artists and their studios to help drive projects forward from the early stages of a positive response to work together into a full-fledged project
● Monitoring budget and timeline with the Production Manager
● Organizing and attending studio visits, production meetings, signings, and conference calls
● Working closely with our operations & sales teams, ensuring flawless and clear communication of project and artwork details, providing imagery and all necessary information for communications team.
● Supervising the artist product launch
● Overseeing and reviewing artist account
● Developing and managing relationships with galleries, public institutions and external curators Regional Office Director Responsibilities
● Promoting JRP|Editions within the art scene and artistic community – visiting artists and their studios, galleries, art fairs, biennials and representing our brand while participating in art events across the globe
● Identifying, negotiating and securing local offices
● Coordinating regional infrastructure and operational needs
● Exceptional interpersonal, communication and problem-solving and skills
● Ability to work fast and accurately, with an eye for detail
● Multitasker who thrives coordinating multiple projects and conversations simultaneously, all moving at different speeds, to stay one step ahead. You work better in a fast-paced environment
● Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal, and ideally in French. Any other foreign languages are a welcomed plus
● Commitment to JRP|Editions’ vision and core values
● Interest in art and creative culture
● Good knowledge of the contemporary art market with an ability to identify trends
● 3-5 years of previous experience in an astist’s studio, museum or gallery
● Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Word and Trello
● Comfortable working with budgets
What we offer
● A rich and diverse work environment in one of the leading companies in contemporary art.
● Working with world class artists.
● Varied activities and a job with a great autonomy.
● Company laptop (Apple) and telephone.
● Benefits and holidays as per country of employ.
Please send your CV by email to [email protected].