About Aalto University
Aalto University is where science and art meet technology and business. We shape a sustainable future by making research breakthroughs in and across our disciplines, sparking the game changers of tomorrow and creating novel solutions to major global challenges. Our community is made up of 12 000 students, 400 professors and close to 4 000 other faculty and staff working on our dynamic campus in Espoo, Greater Helsinki, Finland. Diversity is part of who we are, and we actively work to ensure our community’s diversity and inclusiveness. This is why we warmly encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to join our community.
We are now looking for an
Univeristy-wide strategic exhibition on the topic of energy transition is being coordinated across collaborating LSS units: Exhibitions Team, Sustainable Solution, Networking Platform (Energy) to take place in Dipoli Gallery, online (Aalto Virtual Exhibitions Platform) and at possible side events (Sustainability Science Days, World Circular Economic Forum (SITRA) between March-June 2023.
We are now looking for a coordinator to work directly with the curator in content development within the exhibition.
Your main duties will be
- To assist in compiling relevant research cases on the topic of energy transition, sustainability and energy futures at a university-wide level in Aalto
- Reading papers and collating summaries to present and review with curator and working group for selection
- Preparing interview questions for selected academics and assisting with conducting interviews as source material for exhibition
- Proofing exhibition materials related to policy such as statistics, etc. in terms of key SDG and IPCC targets
- Participating in working groups workshops building content for scenarios of energy futures
- Liaison with curator and working group in terms of copy editing, citations, accuracy of exhibition texts and research being presented or illustrated
- Proofing final exhibition texts, title and descriptions in EN+FI for designers and virtual exhibition platform
- Liaison with curator and designers on copy editing, citations, accuracy of exhibition texts and illustrations
- Assisting with coordinating & planning of events including tours of selected labs / infra related to research during exhibition and public talks
- Preparing material for Aalto communications
Your Experience And Ambitions
We are looking for a coordinator with relevant academic background in energy and sustainability research and up to date, working knowledge of SDG, IPCC and other climate and energy policy reports. Experience in the design fields and exhibition or public engagement practices is desirable but not essential. Fluency in English is required, and Finnish proficiency is considered as an advantage. Excellent writing skills and especially skills to popularize research and science are essential.
What We Offer
In this position, you will have a unique possibility to learn more about renewable energy futures and contribute into exhibition making on a highly relevant topic.We work in a hybrid way, and the primary workplace is Otaniemi, Espoo. The Otaniemi campus is a thriving and connected community of 100 nationalities, 12,000 students and 4,500 employees. Life at the transformed campus is vibrant and filled with amazing architecture, calming nature, and a variety of cafes, restaurants, services and good connections along the recently opened metro line.This is a fixed-term position until March (end date to be agreed together). We hope to find a suitable person and to start the work in December 2022. The contract is part-time and working hours are circa 12-18h per week (negotiable). Salary for full-time position is ca. 2800 – 3400€ depending on experience.
Ready to apply?
If you want to join our community, please submit your application and CV through our recruitment system by 30.11.2022. Aalto University’s employees and visitors should apply for the position by using their existing Workday user account (internal jobs).
If you wish to hear more about the position, you can reach out to Senior Specialist Outi Turpeinen, [email protected] or call her 0504314194.
We will go through applications, and we may invite suitable candidates to interview already during the application period. You will hear from us the latest in the 09.12.2022.