We are hiring a full-time Exhibition Manager!
This is an exciting time to join our team as full-time Exhibition Manager as the institution gears up to a new chapter in its development. With this hands-on role, you will manage and seek continuous improvements to the exhibitions and projects at Para Site to fulfil our strategic goals. Working closely with the Curatorial team members, the Exhibition Manager holds an important role within the organisation, providing vital support to oversee the management of exhibitions and projects.
Para Site is internationally recognized as Hong Kong’s leading contemporary art space and one of the oldest and most active independent art centres in Asia. Throughout the years, Para Site has engaged in a wide array of activities and collaborations with world-renowned artists, curators, art institutions, museums, and academic structures in Hong Kong and internationally.
- Assisting the Curatorial team in executing the ongoing exhibitions and projects at Para Site and providing primary support in planning and overseeing projects from research, design, production, construction, installation, operation to dismantling stages
- Coordinating closely with the Curatorial team, artists, collaborators, designers and other contractors throughout the project cycle
- Working with the Executive Director and Curatorial team to monitor and maintain the exhibition and project budget and expenses, including but not limited to obtaining quotation and estimates for the planning stage, processing invoices and compiling final budget for reporting
- Managing exhibition and project-related timeline and negotiating contractual engagement with all parties in a timely manner such as preparing loan documentation, administering loan requests, and ensuring loan conditions are fulfilled
- Managing the logistics aspects such as transportation and insurance of an exhibition/ project, including but not limited to updating artwork checklists, compiling condition and packing reports, keeping records of movement and conditions of artworks, monitoring customs documentation and liaising with shippers and conservators etc.
- Overseeing the administration and transport arrangements for touring exhibitions
- Working with the Gallery Manager to supervise and support the professional development of Project Coordinators, temporary project helpers and interns
- Working with the Deputy Director, Communications Manager, and Curatorial team to schedule website and social media updates, and newsletter content to promote the exhibitions to desired audiences
The ideal candidate should have:
- At least two years working in a similar role or demonstrable transferable experience in cultural institutions, publishers, auction houses, and/or galleries
- Strong organisational skills, including project management experience of anticipating, planning, and executing projects from start to finish
- The ability to forge mutually respectful and effective working relationships with a wide group of personalities, including artists, trustees, patrons, staff, interns, collaborators, and vendors
- Ability to problem solve, prioritise, and plan strategically
- Excellent time management, organisational tactics, and coordination skills
Desirable Experience, Skills, and Attributes:
- Experience working in a museum, gallery, cultural, or nonprofit sector organisations
- An understanding of and affinity with the mission, vision, and work of Para Site
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in software including Microsoft Excel (intermediate and above), Word, PowerPoint, Apple iOS, Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop, and Google Suite (including Google Calendar). Sketchup and Indesign would be an added advantage.
- High proficiency in spoken and written Chinese (Cantonese preferred, Mandarin bonus) and English
Five full days a week, Monday–Friday, 11am–7pm, and additional events on weekday evenings and weekends, as necessary
For applications, please kindly email a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and available start date, and COVID vaccination status to [email protected] by 10:00 AM (HKT), Thursday, December 22, 2022. Only selected applicants will be contacted. Submissions must be made in English.