Frieze is the world’s leading platform for modern and contemporary art for scholars, connoisseurs, collectors, and the general public alike. Frieze comprises three magazines – frieze, Frieze Masters Magazine and Frieze Week – and five international art fairs – Frieze London, Frieze Masters, Frieze New York, Frieze Los Angeles and Frieze Seoul (launching September 2022). In addition, this October, Frieze will launch No.9 Cork Street, a hub for visiting international galleries in the heart of Mayfair, London. Frieze is part of the IMG network. IMG is a global leader in sports, fashion, events and media and is a subsidiary of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company. To be the contact point for exhibitors throughout the year and to be responsible for all administrative and technical aspects of their participation in the fair.
Be the primary contact for galleries in regard to their participation in the fair:
- Manage applications launch, process and analysis
- Organise and attend selection committee meeting
- Release application results and coordinate subsequent selection meeting
- Support Directors on floor plan process
- Coordinate and launch Exhibitor online manual
- Advise exhibitors on shipping, insurance and installation
- Manage stand plan processing: advise exhibitors on all stand related queries, work with Production team and contractors on complex stand builds
- Coordinate print and online material for exhibitors in the lead up to and during the fair, work with Data team on exhibitor mailings
- Coordinate Frieze Viewing Room gallery participation with Digital team
- Coordinate exhibitor communications year-round
- Prepare for all aspects of exhibitor onsite experience
- Maintain high quality customer service on all fair delivery aspects
- Manage onsite Exhibitor Desk and temporary staff team
Liaise with other departments in the organisation of the fair:
- Supply information to be included in the fair promotional material
- Proof-read exhibitor sections of the fair promotional material
- Provide information to PR department on works galleries bring to the fair
- Support Publishing team for fair publication production
- Coordinate with Finance department on invoicing galleries
- Support curators on gallery cultivation, research and expenses
- Organise post-fair debriefs with relevant departments and contractors
- Suggest and implement improvements year on year
Liaise with Production department and contractors for exhibitor-related areas:
- Advocate for exhibitors to Production department and contractors
- Ensure that the contractors’ work is up to the requirements of the exhibitors and fair organisers
- Mediate between exhibitors and contractors before and at the fair
- Escalate disputes between contractors and exhibitors before / at the fair
Contribute to the team processes and development:
- Maintain fair budget and timeline
- Coordinate internal teams to deliver exhibitor services
- Maintain department procedure documents
- Manage Exhibitor Services Assistant
- Contribute to department processes improvements
- Visit galleries for research
- Maintain accurate information on other art fairs
- Undertake research for new projects as requested
- Proven work experience in project management, preferably within the arts or creative industries
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities and use initiative
- Strong organisational and planning skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, including the management and training of junior team members
- Confident working across multiple digital platforms to manage client data
- This is a fixed term position.
- Please note, remote working set up until lockdown restrictions have been lifted. Thereafter, the role would be based at 1 Surrey Street.
- Working hours are 10am – 6pm.
- Occasional travel and weekend work may be required.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply via the company’s website.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Frieze unites people in our love of the arts. We understand this can only be accomplished when we harness the entirety of our company and lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we are committed to practicing anti-discrimination including race, gender identity, sexual orientation and disability, together with artists, writers and cultural practitioners from all backgrounds. There is still much work to be done to address systemic inequality and discrimination within the arts and culture industry, and we are dedicated to making progress to both within our own organization and the art world at large.