Roberts Projects is seeking a highly enthusiastic, motivated and hard-working full-time Gallery Administrator.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Liaising with gallery owners and directors
– Assist with internal and external exhibition planning and coordination
– General administrative duties, including office organization, supplies and gallery storage
– Fulfilling publication orders and maintaining inventory systems
– Image rights and reproduction requests
– Organize and oversee opening receptions and other events hosted by the gallery
– Liaise with vendors and contractors for facility maintenance
– Provide additional administrative support to staff as needed
– Assist with special gallery projects
– Candidate must be extremely organized, flexible and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Candidate must also be a problem solver; able to take the initiative; have excellent written and verbal skills; and have a thorough understanding of the contemporary art world.
– Applicants should have a minimum of two years of experience working with a contemporary art gallery, or equivalent.
– Strong Adobe Creative Suite skills, knowledge and experience with Mac Platform, Microsoft Office, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and a rigorous work ethic necessary.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
About Roberts Projects:
Established in 1999, Roberts Projects aims to foster diverse perspectives within a broader context of contemporary artistic practices through its exhibitions and programs, with a focus on challenging, critical voices. The gallery represents multiple generations of internationally recognized, established artists as well as emerging artists. The gallery’s publication division produces books and catalogues focusing on exhibition surveys, contemporary artists and art historical monographs. Roberts Projects is as a member of the Art Dealers Association of America (ADAA), a nonprofit organization of the nation’s leading galleries in the fine arts.
Please submit cover letter, resume and references to [email protected]
No phone calls or walk ins.