Arts Gateway MK is a volunteer-led arts charity working to support, nurture and promote the arts and artists in and around Milton Keynes. We offer collaborative workspaces for creative artists at our studio hub Arts Central, as well as event promotion, networking, volunteering opportunities and equipment hire for events from CARC (Community Arts Resource Centre). Our flagship programme is MKLitFest, started in 2017.
The past 2 years has been dominated by the work to convert a 1970s warehouse into creative workspaces; before lockdown 60 were occupied and studio income (our core revenue) was building steadily, now reversed. We seek professional fund-raising help to re-establish operational surplus, build back our reserves and in due course repay loans for the building conversion.
Consultancy Brief (£6000 all-in)
A short injection of fundraising expertise to develop a fund-raising plan for the next 2 years, to find and secure additional sources of funding for AGMK as a local arts charity for the Milton Keynes area. We envisage that this work will include:
- identification of the funding methods and sources with most potential over 24 months
- development of the case for support with fundraising messages that will appeal to the donors;
- design of key promotional materials, including digital;
- provision of fundraising briefing/ training materials and tools for AGMK where needed
- production of a fund-raising plan in collaboration with Trustees and stakeholders.
The outputs we seek are:
- A draft fund-raising plan and recommendations for AGMK focus;
- A number of specific funding bids submitted;
- Workshops to build AGMK fund-raising skills;
- A body of promotional materials and copy.
We are looking for someone who has:
- proven experience of successful fundraising for charities in the arts and/or local communities sector;
- ability to work and produce results for small charities with limited budgets;
- demonstrable fundraising credibility e.g. registered with the Fundraising Regulator or member of the Institute of Fundraising.
PDF to [email protected] with
- statement of skills & experience
- CV, including two referees
- How you’ll fulfil the brief.
Zoom interviews 16/17 July