We have an opportunity available for a Gallery Assistant to join our team based in Brighton. Joining us on a part time, permanent basis working 3days per week, you will receive a salary of £17,400 pro rata plus bonus and benefits.
As our Gallery Assistant, you will support the sales team to maintain gallery standards in the stockroom and on the sales floors, oversee all stock operations including delivery and to take responsibility for posting and responding to messages on social media with direction from the sales team. This is not a selling role.
Are you looking for a role that provides you with the chance to work with some of the best living artists, coupled with a beautiful environment, selling a great product and developing rewarding relationships with a wide range of clients? If so, look no further!
Incentives and benefits we will offer our Gallery Assistant:
- Bonus scheme
- Staff discounts
- Perkbox benefits – Read more on the Perkbox website
- Pension scheme
Key activities as our Gallery Assistant:
- The role involves lifting and movement of artwork so a good level of physical fitness is required.
- Support with general upkeep and cleaning of the gallery sales floors
- Support with rehanging the gallery
- Reprice items after rehang
- Control of the stockroom – Cleanliness, order, art work stored correctly, etc
- Delivering artwork to customers’ homes and hanging/installing artwork as required
- Delivering excellent customer service at all times and act as an ambassador for the Company when in customers’ homes.
- Prepare list of art work that needs to be sent back on deliveries
- Prepare packaging order which sales team
- Ensure all stock to go out on delivery is wrapped and checked to delivery standards
- Prepare delivery paperwork
- Check emails for last minute delivery requests for items that need to be sent out
- Check off delivery and adjust paperwork accordingly
- Send delivery sheets to Originals Department and Sales Support
- Call clients whose customer orders have arrived in the gallery
- Assist with paperwork, as and when required by sales team, e.g. Mark as Collected Reports
- Touch up paintwork on sales floor
- Support with any other reasonable requests to ensure the smooth running and optimal efficiency of the gallery
Skills and experience required to become our Gallery Assistant:
- It is essential that at all times the person is professional, credible and confident in delivering exceptional customer service.
- Good range of IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan effectively, manage time, balance priorities and meet multiple deadlines
- A successful track record in administration and/or customer service is required, ideally in a similar environment
- Able to use initiative and have good judgment and problem solving ability
- A full clean driving licence is required.
- Flexibility and adaptability are required in order to cope with changing demands
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic practical skills, eg the ability to hang large pieces of art, are required. The person should be comfortable working at step ladder height and using domestic power tools
Please note that there will be a requirement to work some additional hours and occasional weekends for holiday covers, gallery events etc. If additional hours are required, a minimum of two weeks’ notice will be given wherever possible.
Washington Green and Castle Fine Art is the UK’s leading art publisher and retailer of fine art. Offering a welcoming, relaxing environment to enjoy art in accessible, high street locations, Castle Fine Art’s ethos is encapsulated in its motto “Your World, Our Art”.
We offer original paintings, limited edition prints and sculptures representing some of the biggest names currently in the art world, such as; Ronnie Wood, Bob Dylan, Raphael Mazzucco and Stan Lee – Marvel – just to name a few!
If you are self-motivated with great attention to detail, please apply now to become our Gallery Assistant. We’d love to hear from you!