Amanda Wei Gallery is seeking a part-time Gallery Assistant with high self-motivation and passion for art.
The successful candidates will be part of the gallery team providing administrative, coordination and sales support on all gallery day-to-day operation, exhibitions, art fair participation, and projects. The Gallery Assistants shall maintain an elegant, welcoming atmosphere in the gallery and providing general assistance to visitors.
• Daily operation duties include: answering calls, maintaining an excellent understanding of current exhibitions in order to convey to visitors the concepts behind each show, handling visitor enquiries, handling sales of books and merchandise, maintaining a tidy and organised environment in the gallery, switching on and off and participate in exhibitions/events, and alerting relevant colleagues to situations and matters arising in the gallery;
• Responsible for administrative tasks which include but are not limited to: updating artwork databases and gallery contacts, preparing and maintaining documents (e.g. briefs, information decks, proposals, presentations, schedules, lists, reports), and recording production expenses;
- Develop a sound understanding of the gallery’s roster of artists and program of exhibitions, and assist in the preparation of future exhibitions/events documents;
- Help in communication tasks including social media content writing and translation of correspondences and information for internal and external circulation;
- Ad-hoc duties or projects as assigned.
- Minimum two days of work per week with high flexibility in schedule (gallery opens from 10:30am to 7pm Monday to Saturday)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- Energetic, committed, flexible team player with a self-starting, ‘can do’ approach and a strong sense of initiative;
- Strong skills in communication, interpersonal relations, coordination, time management and problem-solving;
- Ability to thrive in an extremely fast-paced work environment that is multicultural and spans multiple time zones;
- Skilled in Mac operating system and Microsoft Office (skills in SketchUp and Adobe would be a strong asset);
- Knowledge of digital and graphic design is necessary
- Experience and result of selling art in events and exhibitions would be a plus
Applications should include:
A resume clearly outlining your employment history, skills, and qualifications (reference check might be conducted);
Please send your application to [email protected]
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.