Arts Project Australia is seeking a motivated and skilled team member for a fixed-term contract (with the view to extend) for the role of GALLERY REGISTRAR.
The role is a 12-month contract that will ideally work Monday to Wednesday 9am-5pm. Some additional hours may be required at peak times to assist with exhibition and project deadlines. The Gallery Registrar delivers a high-quality administration, documentation and artwork stock management support to the Arts Project gallery and business services. The position reports to the curator and gallery manager.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated artwork registrations experience in an arts organisation or equivalent.
- Tertiary qualifications in archive & record management or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in organising and managing an arts archive and database system.
- Experience in producing high-quality digital photographs of a range of 2D artwork.
- Experience in stock management i.e., storage, inventory control.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills including negotiation and advocacy.
- Ability to work effectively in an active and busy work environment, both independently and in a team.
- Capacity to communicate effectively with neurodiverse individuals.
- Demonstrated positive Occupational Health and Safety practices.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and meet deadlines.
- *Further details in the attached PD.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS & PROCESS
- Cover letter submitted in the body of an email or attached as a one-page PDF
- Your response to each selection criteria outlined in the Position Description (2 pages max. attached as PDF)
- Current CV with relevant experience (2 pages max. attached as PDF)
- Two referees and their phone and email contact details
- Applications close Friday 24 September, 11.59pm and should be addressed and emailed to Sim Luttin. [email protected]