About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Awareness and understanding of the Group’s art strategy, responsible for steering this strategy across the Group’s office locations.
- Responsible for ensuring the art procurement process is followed across markets, all inventories are kept up to date and internal audit of the collection is carried out yearly.
- Identify approaches that pose as a risk to the Group, including but not limited to vendor management, put measures in place that limit and control risk to the Group.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance of the art collection. Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role. Ensuring that practises regarding art across the group are in line with Group framework.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Property management team
- Workplace management team
- Property projects teams
- Country management teams (where applicable)
- Group, regional and local corporate affairs teams
- Day to day management of the art collection- ensuring inventories are up to date and locations accurate via regular communications with local property teams. Facilitating regular art rotations.
- Assisting design managers and project managers in developing art strategies for upcoming projects, assisting in procurement where required
- Lead effort to boost staff engagement through art focused events, exhibitions and internal communications
- Digitise art inventory
- Support new art campaigns that enable more creative sourcing options that get a more diverse collection with strong and ongoing roots to each of our local offices
- Support collection stakeholders.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Undergraduate degree in related field eg art, history of art etc
- Art industry experience (2-3 years)
- Exceptional written and spoken communication
- Critical eye
- Microsoft office
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.