Christie’s, the world’s largest Art Business, is an exciting & enriching place to start or continue your career. Whether you work within one of our Specialist Art Departments or in our more Operational focused teams we are all working together with one common goal in mind: to continue the success of this 250-year-old company, steeped in history, bringing constant innovation whilst not forgetting our age old values; Passionate Expertise, Exceptional Client Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Business Judgement & Innovation.
Christie’s Graduate Training Programme aims to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of Christie’s, heightened commercial awareness and advanced specialist skills by the end of their 18-month placement. The programme gives exposure to the workings of both the art specialist and support departments by way of the assigned rotations. As such, tasks are widely varied from meeting and greeting clients, through to deal structuring and object research. We aim to retain all our Graduate Trainees — the next generation of Christie’s business leaders.
Specific duties & responsibilities will include but are not limited to
• Provide exceptional client service at every touchpoint
• Greet/visit clients on-site and off-site to support appraisal, consignment and sale efforts
• Participate in Telephone Bidding with clients during an auction as required
• Assist clients in galleries during preview weekend and sale week
• Research property for bibliography, provenance and exhibition history using libraries, online databases, the internet, and outside experts (such as curators, dealers, publishers, etc.).
• Catalogue property for public and private sales
• Prepare condition reports
• Work with your team to deliver the extracurricular project assigned to you
• A minimum 2:1/Merit/3.33 GPA degree in a business or arts-related subject gained within the last two years
• A passion for the arts (particularly if no academic studies of the Arts)
• For Hong Kong, spoken and written Mandarin is required
• Proficiency in at least one other language is highly desirable
• Commercial acumen
• Enthusiasm and dedication
• ‘Client focus’ and strong interpersonal qualities
• Natural IT/systems aptitude
• Strong passion for digital innovation
Closing date: 31st December 2022
Salary: $45,000.00 – $50,000.00