The Head of Client Service Operations, Americas, oversees all aspects of transactional client services in the Americas, with a particular focus on our New York sale site, including Client Services, Bids and Post-Sale Services. This role will be responsible for managing all members of these teams on the ground, as well playing a strategic role to identify and implement efficiencies and improvements. This role will also help the global development and maintenance of an industry leading client experience program where outstanding service becomes a source of strategic competitive advantage. Phillips values a workforce with a wide variety of experiences, backgrounds and skills, so we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee all aspects of Service Operations, developing analysis and strategies to continuously improve and ensure we are providing class-leading service to our clients, both external and internal.
· Lead and have an in-depth understanding of Client Services, Bids and Post-Sale Services.
· Work with specialist and other departments to understand their requirements and objectives and align these with the client facing experience.
· Help develop, maintain and champion a leading client experience capability, ensuring that we pro-actively manage the client experience and continually seek areas for improvement. Be pro-active in identifying initiatives for change.
· Oversee the relevant budgets and ensure we meet financial targets with strong financial discipline.
· Stay up to date on developments in the industry and keep a close eye on competitor activity and initiatives.
· Actively seek insights into client satisfaction and feedback as a source for continuous improvement.
· Build and manage a high performing team, be responsible for recruitment, hiring, and training of new employees.
· Champion client service as a defining ethos in the organization, act as an ambassador identifying opportunities to infuse this into the company culture
Professional Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, required.
· Auction House experience preferred.
· 5+ years of proven experience in managing teams, implementing projects, and supporting culture change.
· Demonstrated ability to reflect the image and standards of Phillips and with an exceptional standard of service.
· Excellent client-relations and presentation skills including confidence, tact and diplomacy.
· Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with all areas within the business.
· Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to service levels and attention to detail.
· Excellent verbal and written presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise to meet strict deadlines.
· Fluent English is required; additional language skills are desirable.
· Ability to work individually on own initiative as well as leading, motivating and managing a team.
· Work is primarily undertaken in our Park Avenue office and gallery.
· May require local travel between gallery and warehouse locations.
· Evening and weekend work as required.
· The annual salary range for this position is $130,000-150,000.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please use the subject header “Head of Client Service Operations, Americas”. Please be advised: due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position.