Gallery Thaddaeus Ropac is looking for an exhibition production and logistics manager for its Paris location for maternity leave cover.
The main tasks include organization of the logistical aspects of the exhibitions, customs (import/export formalities) and the administrative and technical management of the storage facilities in Paris and France.
- Administrative and technical organization of the gallery exhibitions and artists projects: Defining projects of artists with respective artist liaisons, planning and follow-up of transports, organization of installations.
- Managing team of five registrars in two different sites (Marais/Pantin).
- Oversee logistics (transports, customs and insurance): Coordination of transports for the gallery exhibitions and between the galleries in London, Salzburg and Seoul and the art fairs in France and abroad.
- Administrative and technical management of the inventory: Creation of artwork files in the gallery’s database, regular updates, annually inventory check.
- Preparation and follow-up of consignments and loans.
- Follow-up with restaurations, condition reports, framings, damages.
- Main contact person for all questions regarding the infrastructure of the gallery building
- Capability to manage and to implement projects.
- Excellent organisation skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently are essential
- Ability to manage and lead a team.
- Fluency in English is required
- Competency in Google Suite (Sheets, Gmail, Docs) is essential, knowledge of gallery databases like Artbase would be appreciated.
- Knowledge of SketchUp would be a plus.
Required experience :
- Ideally 5 years of experience in a similar position, in an international art gallery or an art shipping company.
- Familiarity with the contemporary art world.