Christie’s, the world’s largest Art Business, is an incredibly exciting & enriching place to start or continue your career. Whether you work within one of our Specialist Art Departments or in our more Operational focused teams we are all working together with one common goal in mind: to continue the success of this 250 year old company, steeped in history, bringing constant innovation whilst not forgetting our age old values; Passionate Expertise, Exceptional Client Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Business Judgement & Innovation. . Colleagues across all departments are truly passionate about what they do and it is constantly inspiring to work with industry leaders across all segments of the business.
The San Francisco regional office is responsible for handling transactions and maintaining client relationships in the Pacific Northwest. Christie’s does not operate a saleroom in the Bay Area; instead, specialists and administrators based in San Francisco work towards supporting sales that take place in New York and other salerooms around the world. An internship at Christie’s offers the opportunity to gain valuable insight into the auction world and the inner workings of the larger art market as a whole. Interns at Christie’s SF are involved in all aspects of the auction process.
Christie’s is delighted to broaden our search for fresh, diverse and skilled talent to participate in our offerings. In an effort to cultivate new talent and nurture long-standing relationships, whilst also putting steam behind our Equity, Diversity & Inclusion efforts, we are actively seeking students who bring a variety of unique perspectives and backgrounds to Christie’s to participate in our newly imagined Christie’s Internship Program.
This internship program will run from February through December 2023. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) paid opportunity for students who have recently graduated (within 2 years of either undergrad or a graduate program).
Specific duties & responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Acting as the first point of contact, greeting visitors and delivering exceptional customer service assistance
- Answering calls and fielding them to colleagues
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of visitor requests and of calls received
- Maintaining the reception area and all common areas in a clean and tidy manner at all times
- Managing interior scape and plant maintenance
- Receiving deliveries; sorting and distributing incoming mail and parcels
- Organizing extensive paper filing systems
- Operating standard office equipment on a regular basis, including a printer, a copy machine, and various conference call equipment (training will be provided)
- Typing dictated notes and memos into our internal system
- Assisting in updating/maintaining the Chairman’s diary/outlook calendar as directed by the CMC
- Managing sensitive information with a high level of discretion and good judgment
- Collaborating with other members of the Chairman’s Office to support common goals, tasks, and support a proactive work environment
- Researching clients, artwork, auctions, boards of various institutions and foundations
We are looking for hard-working, energetic, and intellectually curious self-starters who can thrive in a high-pressure environment. Our most successful interns are those who truly embrace the experience and are not afraid to take every opportunity that is presented to them. They ask questions and are keen to learn about the entire auction process.
- Passion for the Arts
- Strategic and commercially minded
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Excel, with familiarity with Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, match formulas, and macros are a plus
- Additional language skills are desirable, however not mandatory
- Superior client service skills
- Strong follow-up and attention to detail
Christie’s, Inc. is committed to principles of equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, Christie’s Inc. ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants, regardless of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability status for service in the United States Armed Forces.
- Posted salary range does not include discretionary bonus compensation and overtime pay.
Hourly: $20.00 – $22.00