Established in 1744, Sotheby’s is the world’s premier destination for art and luxury. Synonymous with innovation, Sotheby’s promotes access, connoisseurship and preservation of fine art and rare objects through auctions, private sales and retail locations. Our trusted global marketplace is supported by a network of specialists spanning 40 countries and 50 categories, which include Contemporary Art, Modern and Impressionist Art, Old Masters, Chinese Works of Art, Jewelry, Watches, Wine and Spirits, and Interiors, among many others.
The Junior Client Strategist’s primary responsibilities are 1. to support the Fiduciary Client Group across all internal and external business activities and 2. provide client strategy support to RMs (Relationship Managers) for Islamic, South east Asian & Indian art departments as well as the locally-based RMs in the MENA region.
Fiduciary Client Group
- Work closely across FCG and Client Strategy to assist with Next Great Estates/current Estates including research, scheduling team meetings, preparing presentation materials, and tracking related business activity
- Support Head of/Fiduciary Client Group/Manager with formulating and implementing strategies to advance client relationships
- Manage the daily obituaries process
- Research fiduciaries and decision-makers to inform Sotheby’s strategies for engaging with the fiduciary community
- Assist with reporting and research requests related to NGE and fiduciary clients
- Work with Events team and external partners to ensure seamless execution of Fiduciary Client Group and Audience Development Initiative events
Client Strategy, MENA
- Work closely with MENA RMs, Islamic & Indian Art dept and regional stakeholders
- Organize and lead strategic meetings such as regional surgeries, client team meetings, specialist department/client-focused property sourcing meetings
- Proactively communicate relevant event, travel and visit opportunities to RMs, generate and suggest event ideas to facilitate the implementation of strategic plans
- Conduct top client portfolio reviews with RMs to identify gaps and opportunities in their portfolios
- Utilize the full range of available tools to identify prospective clients for the MENA region including those transacting and clients yet to transact
- Provide strategic sale-related support, including tailored pre-sale targeting and research for and execution of post-sale meetings
- Ensure that the information held for clients in CRM/CS is accurate and current, containing relevant data for strategic purposes, and update as required
- Work closely with NY on the monthly distributing of client promotions
IDEAL EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- An interest in research and reporting
- Excellent computer skills including MS PowerPoint, Word, high level of proficiency in Excel
- High degree of accuracy, exceptional attention to detail, discretion and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks under deadline
- Enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Creative problem-solving ability
The deadline for applications is Friday 11th November.
Please visit the company website.