With the recent launch of Sotheby’s Metaverse – a proprietary NFT platform for collectors of digital art as well as a dedicated home for all our digital art sales, Sotheby’s Hong Kong is looking for a Junior NFT Specialist to help drive our sales and strategy in this fast moving and growing area of NFTs and digital art.
The Junior NFT Specialist will be given opportunities to handle new business generation, sourcing, authentication, evaluation to meet sales and profit targets. To be part of our new NFT set-up, knowledge in NFT applicable such as collectibles, art, virtual assets, tokenizing real-world assets etc. is essential.
- Research and analyse the latest NFT market trend and media forms e.g. motion graphics, product design, and illustration etc.
- Relationship building with the emerging and established NFT artists, top collectors and activists
- Business getting and negotiations; operating as part of the NFT team to meet sales and net profit targets for digital art works
- Help organise the preview exhibitions in Hong Kong and Asia travelling exhibitions
- Setting an example of scholarship providing – expertise, researching and cataloguing objects to the highest standard, according to client service and sale deadlines
- Identify and execute Private Sale opportunities in accordance with Company guidelines
- Writing condition reports and responding to photo forms, estimate enquiries and general correspondence
- Dealing with day-to-day client enquiries in person, by email and on the telephone
- Build strong relationships with regional and international colleagues and work with clients to actively sell Sotheby’s digital art properties
- Assist in preparation of proposals and of valuations as directed
- Assist in ad-hoc administrative tasks as required
- Degree educated or equivalent, with 2 years’ experience in the art field
- Heavy user of popular social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Discord, Telegram, Reddit etc.
- Familiar with cryptocurrency/blockchain-related terminologies and trends, with a strong passion in NFTs
- Able to pitch clients about the NFT digital art works in layman’s terms
- Strong research skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Proven commitment to excellence in Client Service
- Proficiency in English and Chinese, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated; able to work independently and as part of a busy team
- Able to work well under pressure, to multiple deadlines and be prepared to “pitch in” when required
- Flexible to travel at certain times of the year to undertake sweeps, support sales, traveling exhibitions and client visits as and when required