Optimist is a creative experience agency that bridges the gap between brand culture and human emotion. In a world that’s ever changing, we find innovative ways to move people through unexpected and unforgettable moments. From concept to execution, we blend creative, strategy, design, digital, content, innovation and production to make big ideas a reality all over the world.
As Junior Spatial Designer, you are passionate about design and are looking to expand your knowledge and apply your skills in a creative environment. You are flexible and organized, able to work on multiple projects at a time, often in collaboration with a range of teams within the agency. The ideal candidate has a clear visual sensibility and keen eye for detail to every project. You come into the business to create best in class work. The Junior Spatial Designer is a conceptual thinker who is willing to challenge the status quo, and stay up-to-date with current trends, all-things-culture and technology.
This Junior Spatial Designer role will report to the Design Director. The salary band for this position is $60,000 – $70,000.
● Develop and inspire others to create next level concepts
● Take on appropriate projects and own them, start to finish
● Manage and work independently, under tight deadlines, while juggling multiple projects across teams
● Stay on top of current trends, culture and technology to be applied to conceptual thinking
● Assist in design projects for environments, exhibits, stage sets, pop-up spaces, event spatial design, and brand activations from concept to completion
● Demonstrate visualization formats ranging from hand sketches to models to realistic renderings
● Research and display knowledge of fabrication, technologies, materials, building techniques and event production methods to a myriad of design projects
● Assist in the organization and preparation of design concepts for client presentations
● Research and pursue ideas for professional and agency development
● Collaborate with other Designers, work cross-functionally with teams on projects and activations
● Complete other assignments, as needed
● Graduate to 2 years of experience in a design related field
● Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Environmental Design or related fields
● Proficiencies in Maya, Rhino, Illustrator, and Photoshop, preferred
● Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
● Strong compositional skills and visualizing abilities
● Able to manage workloads effectively to meet tight deadlines
● Self-motivated character and ability to work as a team player
Who We Are
Optimist is an award-winning global collective of creatives, strategists, artists and entrepreneurs who move people, brands and culture forward to create impact. Our independent agency believes in making the impossible possible; and we’re positive that optimism is the lifeblood of possibility. At our core, we celebrate diversity by allowing our distinct viewpoints to shape a shared vision. We’re looking for people to join our team who share our commitment to challenging convention and making an impact. Interested candidates may submit a resume, portfolio and cover letter to [email protected].