Reporting to the Global Managing Director/Chief Marketing & Business Development Officer (GMD/CMBDO), the Marketing Director, Americas will be responsible for managing the strategy and day to day responsibilities of the brand and for driving and evolving a strategic framework for Phillips’ regional marketing initiatives and overseeing their tactical execution across all platforms. This role will directly manage the Marketing team, including Editorial, Video, Social Media, Paid Media, Creative & Production, and Events & Partnerships, to support the strategic marketing of corporate, departmental and business development initiatives on behalf of the Specialist Departments, Business Getters and the Company overall. The key function of this role is to use analytics to define the appropriate target audiences, and devise campaigns across all platforms designed to reach the targeted segments, industries and demographics which will serve to maintain and strengthen Phillips’ brand integrity and drive client activity.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Demonstrate extremely effective project management, with responsibility for leading a marketing team that can set the standard in the industry and deliver across all channels, on time and on budget.
· In partnership with Regional Marketing Directors in Europe and Asia, set the Marketing priorities on a corporate and departmental basis.
· Define target markets leveraging knowledge of consumer behavior and identify marketing initiatives to optimize brand awareness and client transactions.
· Evaluate and optimize performance of marketing efforts on a consistent basis, identifying and integrating key marketing metrics and KPIs to enable leadership to make critical and timely decisions for marketing investment.
· Create and manage corporate and departmental campaigns to comprehensively promote Phillips’ auctions, private sales and business development initiatives in close partnership with all internal stakeholders across all marketing channels.
· Define and continually enhance workflows to ensure all campaign phases launch on time and in line with the marketing calendar, ensuring flexible workflows to accommodate shifting deadlines or priorities.
· Ensure integrity and consistency of the Phillips brand are maintained across the marketing portfolio.
· Participate in regular committee meetings with key stakeholders to determine priority, scope and spend in connection with Phillips’ Events and Partnerships.
· Partner with Finance and the GMD/CMBDO to establish the annual Marketing budget for the Americas region and manage the P&L accordingly.
· Actively mentor direct reports and cross-marketing team members.
· Be a key leader and link between the specialist departments, the regions, Business Development and Marketing.
Professional Skills and Experience
· 10-15 years professional experience leading the marketing function for a global luxury business with a diverse portfolio.
· Demonstrated leadership in strategic planning in brand and product marketing.
· Demonstrated ability to derive insights from marketing data and analytics.
· Experience in maintaining strong brand foundations.
· Ability to evaluate and synthesize disparate pieces of insight & analysis into a clear, focused strategy.
· Strong knowledge of integrating and leveraging Digital marketing and Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) within overall marketing strategy and campaigns.
· Strong leadership, management and project coordination skills; ability to coordinate, communicate and adhere to tight time frames and schedules.
· Strong team leader and ability to create team-oriented environment.
· Strong capability to adapt to changing market conditions.
· Systems savvy, including proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Education and Training
· Bachelor’s Degree, required in Marketing or Communications field (or the equivalent combination of knowledge and experience).
· Master’s Degree, preferred.
· Fluent English spoken and written language essential.
· Highly organized with excellent time management and project management skills; delivers results effectively.
· Commitment to high standards and passionate about goals in the face of roadblocks; strong attention to detail.
· Ability to work on multiple tasks, to strict deadlines, under high pressure situations.
· Innovative and Entrepreneurial spirit.
· Strong leadership and influencing skills; cultivates collaboration.
· Works productively and co-operatively with peers and across matrices.
· Ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide variety of people including superior written communication; displaying strong judgment.
· Ability to work internationally and in culturally diverse organizations.
· Work is primarily undertaken at 432 Park Avenue location (currently operating primarily remotely but should be available to be onsite at short notice as business needs require)
· Ability to work evenings, weekends and auction sales as necessary
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please use the subject header “Marketing Director, Americas”. Please be advised: due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.