Marketing Director – DarkLab
The team behind Dark Mofo (DarkLab) is seeking a Marketing Director to lead and manage a team of skilled professionals in the provision of communications and marketing services across Dark Mofo, Odeon Theatre, Altar, High Altar, In the Hanging Garden, Project X and other brands as identified by the Creative Director.
This role reports directly to and works in close collaboration with the Creative Director to interpret the creative direction, identify strategic objectives and opportunities, and develop marketing and communications plans to achieve artistic and commercial commitments. Also working closely with the wider management team, this role will develop and implement DarkLab’s marketing and communications strategy across the suite of commercial ventures and subsidised activities, while continuing to provide and maintain leadership accountabilities and oversight to the design and development team.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies across DarkLab projects and achieve revenue sales targets;
- Oversee market research and audience development activity, and increase reach;
- Report on sales and marketing activity;
- Work collaboratively with the Design & Content Director to develop brand strategies in response to marketing objectives, creative briefs and commercial imperatives;
- Work collaboratively with the Curatorial team and Media Manager to understand the artistic program and broader cultural objectives, developing communication and ticketing strategies;
- Work collaboratively with the Venues Director to understand commercial objectives and develop and deliver strategic marketing plans, identifying opportunities for growth;
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop relationships, deliver and report against agreed commitments and strengthen the DarkLab brands;
- Manage the marketing budget including project budgets;
- Identify and work with relevant personnel to assist delivery and oversight of projects;
- Liaise with DarkLab Management to review and implement processes and objectives;
- Adhere to WHS requirements;
- Complete work within agreed timeframes; and
- Liaise with stakeholders, as required.
- Highly developed communication and delegation skills;
- Demonstrated leadership of creative and collaborative teams;
- Broad commercial and cultural sector experience and an appreciation of the arts and tourism industries (desirable)
- Diverse industry experience in marketing and communications;
- High proficiency in achieving commercial and creative objectives;
- Highly developed organisational skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities;
- Demonstrated strategic planning and decision-making skills, with an advanced understanding of stakeholder management and team leadership;
- Mature work ethic and leadership style; and
- Organised, efficient, conscientious and calm.
Applications for this position close at 5pm Friday 5 November 2021. When submitting your application, please include a resume, a cover letter specifically addressing why you’re a great fit for this role (no more than 2 pages) and an attachment highlighting your portfolio work (no larger than 10MB).