Pace is a modern and contemporary art gallery representing many of the most important artists and estates of the 20th and 21st centuries. With galleries in New York, London, Hong Kong, Palo Alto, Geneva, and Seoul, Pace is made up of a global team of diverse and energetic individuals, all driven by our belief in the power and importance of art and artists.
Pace Gallery seeks a Marketing Manager to join our growing marketing team within the Communications & Public Engagement department. Working underneath the Marketing Director and helping to manage and collaborate with the wider marketing team, the Marketing Manager’s primary responsibilities will be the oversight of Pace Gallery’s owned media channels and digital properties, including but not limited to print & digital advertising, website, social media, and email. In addition, the Marketing Manager will aid in the development of new marketing strategies with a focus on audience development and audience lifecycle through various owned and paid media channels.
A core member of the marketing team, the Marketing Manager will collaborate closely with various other departments in the gallery, including Sales, Curatorial, Research & Archives, and the Events & Public Relations in the execution of the gallery’s marketing strategies. The Marketing Manager will be the point-of-contact for the daily marketing activities of the gallery.Department
Communications & Public Engagement
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and deploy owned and paid media marketing strategies in support of artists’ projects and the gallery’s corporate objectives in close collaboration with the Marketing Director, including digital & print advertising, organic & paid social media, SEO / SEM, and direct email marketing
- Generate audience development initiatives in close collaboration with the Marketing Director and CMO
- Contribute towards audience development strategies and the development of OKRs for various marketing channels, in close collaboration with the Marketing Director and CMO
- Oversee advertising contracts, placements, and the execution, approval, and delivery of creative with the gallery’s design team, following the strategy developed by the Marketing Director
- Oversee social media schedule and content as relates to Pace’s external artist activity and corporate goals, with the support of the Marketing Associate
- Oversee daily management of the gallery’s website and third-party digital platforms, with the support of the Marketing Associate
- Manage direct marketing email schedule and approval process as relates to all gallery and artist activity, including exhibitions, art fairs, corporate announcements, and content
- Create distribution plans for Pace’s homegrown film and editorial content in close collaboration with Marketing Director
- Leverage the gallery’s CRM in the development of segmentation strategies for project-specific marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with the Content, Imaging, and Design teams on the creation of tailored marketing assets across the digital spectrum
- Manage the day-to-day activity of the Marketing Associate, including the creation of professional development opportunities
- Manage and execute all other related marketing activities as needed
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in art history, communications, marketing, or related field of study
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working for a commercial art gallery, auction house, museum, or related field
- Active interest and knowledge in the contemporary art industry
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Facebook for Business, and associated digital platforms
- Comfortability working within industry-standard online platforms including content management systems (CMS), customer relationship managers (CRM) and productivity software
- Keen eye for digital trends, emerging marketing strategies, and innate comprehension of the digital landscape
- Strong social media skills including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- Uncompromising attention to detail
- Excellent writing ability, with keen attention to punctuation and grammar
In addition to an active and progressive work environment, Pace Gallery offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement plans with a company match, flexible spending accounts and commuter benefits. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and offer a generous vacation policy.
Pace Gallery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.