Closing date: 15 Dec 2021
An opportunity is currently available for an Office Administrator to join the Bonhams team in Brussels.
Reporting to the Head of Office for Brussels, you will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Providing full administrative support to the head office and deputy representative and worldwide visiting specialists.
- Overseeing the worldwide shipping of clients’ property from the Brussels office (or from the clients’ home) to the Bonhams offices worldwide, including providing quotes to clients, arranging for artwork export licenses, making sure the shipping costs are correctly noted on the contracts.
- Assisting the head of office and deputy representative with day-to-day incoming enquiries, sale proposals and valuation reports.
- Organizing valuation days for all departments (in collaboration with the head of office and deputy representative);
- Coordinating previews in the office, appointments with clients at the office and off-site and off-site events, dinners, and receptions.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the office and handling enquiries from the clients over the telephone, via email and in person.
- Managing appointments for the head of office and deputy representative.
- Taking bid registrations, ensuring the follow-up with the bids departments.
- Maintaining the database, clients’ details, and interests.
- Follow-up contracts
- Preparing interest lists for e-mailings and direct mails.
- Phone calls to clients for valuation days and events.
- Ordering office supplies and caring for the office’s general appearance
In addition to the tasks and responsibilities listed, you may be required to perform other duties as assigned by your Manager.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and characteristics:
- Commitment and devotion to administrative tasks
- Excellent computer and administrative skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Customer Services skills
- Fluent written and oral ENGLISH, DUTCH and FRENCH
- Previous experience in the auctioneering world or in an art gallery
If you wish to apply, send your CV and cover letter to the People Team via email to Recruitment, by the 15th December 2021.
We thank you for your interest in this position but please note that we will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration.
Bonhams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.