The Operations Coordinator position in our NYC office involves working with galleries, museums, institutions, private collectors, and auction houses to develop and execute creative logistics solutions to accommodate packing, transport, timing, budgetary, and insurance requirements for all tiers of fine art shipments. We are looking for entry level but are open to qualified candidates who come with relevant experience beyond that.
- Undergo Transportation Security Administration (TSA) training and Certifications
- Communicating with customers, vendors, colleagues, agents and all other parties involved to coordinate logistics, schedules, budgets, payments, etc.
- Preparing estimates and project budgets
- Researching and presenting transport schedules and routing options
- Advise on appropriate packing solutions for fine art
- Booking airfreight with airlines or steamship lines
- Understand and carry out Export procedures
- Understand Import and US Customs Procedures
- Preparing Export Documentation such as AWBs, Delivery Orders, Packing Lists, etc.
- Obtaining and preparing documents for US Customs Entries
- Gain familiarity with all TSA compliance issues as they pertain to international shipments
- Gain familiarity with USA permitting needs including those of the US Fish and Wildlife Dept, the USDA, OFAC, and others.
- Researching and compiling project schedules, shipping requirements, and deadlines
- Creating and submitting invoices for services provided