David Zwirner LLC seeks a Part Time Facilities Assistant for immediate hire at its secondary market gallery, located at 537 West 20th Street. All candidates should be highly organized self-starters with a keen attention to detail and the ability to problem-solve. Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain highest level of cleanliness and disinfection throughout all public and private spaces
- Sweep and mop all exhibition spaces
- Daily paint touch-ups and wall patching of exhibition spaces and offices
- Maintain clean sidewalk and facade
- Monitor and change light bulbs as needed
- Assist with building maintenance projects
- Organize common spaces and work areas
- Assist with maintenance of building systems
- Collect and dispose of daily trash and recycling
- Order janitorial supplies
- Relevant experience with light construction, custodial work, and general maintenance
- Ability to handle a high volume of projects with accuracy and efficiency
- 1-3 years of comparable experience, preferably at a commercial gallery or other art institution
- Strong communication skills
- Must be a proactive team player
The selected candidate will occasionally have the opportunity to
work additional hours. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Absolutely no calls or walk-ins please.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references here.
David Zwirner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. The Gallery makes decisions concerning hiring and terms and conditions of employment without regard to any characteristic protected by applicable law.