This position is responsible for supporting a wide range of administrative, financial and logistical activities for Phillips’ Private Sales in Asia. Based in the Hong Kong, the Private Sales Coordinator will report to the Private Sales Coordinator in London, and will work closely with Private Sale colleagues, Client Accounting, Shipping and support functions across the business. The key deliverable for this role is to follow all processes and guidelines relevant to each location in order to achieve seamless Private Sales transactions across Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive phone calls for the department and answer basic questions in a polite and professional manner and fielding calls from inquiring parties.
- Liaise with clients as well as internal staff from all departments, including coordinating with Private Sales colleagues in Asia and the other regions.
- Create contracts for Private Sales, working with the Legal department when necessary.
- Maintain Private Sales transactions tracker in coordination with Private Sales colleagues in Asia and the other regions.
- Coordinate shipping, receipt, and examination of Private Sale property committed to Phillips.
- Perform all due diligence related to the artwork, including consulting the Art Loss Register, and to the client, including AML/KYC requirements.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of the cataloging status of all works for ongoing status and reference.
- Liaising closely with Client Accounts, deliver fully reviewed and accurate documentation to complete the invoicing and settlement of sales.
- Arrange approval of employee commissions with appropriate members of senior management in accordance with Phillips Private Sales policy and submit approved commissions to Finance for payment.
- Coordinate post-sale shipping to buyers of Private Sale works, or return to owner, as necessary.
- Maintain relevant files, corporate documents, databases and systems in an efficient manner.
- Compose and edit correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material required for the role.
- Contribute to and support special projects and specific administrative, financial, logistics tasks as required.
- Work at all auctions participating in telephone or online bidding, bid clerking and any other duties as required.
- Work all selling exhibitions as required.
- Complete any activities required for the Private Sales Online Viewing Room.
- Perform any other ad-hoc duties as necessary.
Professional Skills and Experience
- Administration, Operations or Finance background desirable.
- Numerate, and with the ability to learn and understand currency conversions and local tax considerations per transaction.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint), required.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree, required, interest in Art preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide variety of people including written and verbal communication.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet strict deadlines.
- Comfortable working individually on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Efficient at effectively managing multiple tasks while maintaining meticulous attention to detail.
- Proactive with excellent organization skills.
- A professional and collaborative approach with all business areas.
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and responsibly.
- Ability to learn internal programs, systems and software with ease.
- Work is undertaken within an office environment in our Hong Kong office.
- Flexibility with working hours including some evenings and weekends.