Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion at Getty
Getty believes diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion are essential to our excellence and to the execution of our mission. The Getty community values differences in the pursuit of inquiry and knowledge, mutual understanding, respect, trust, transparency, and cooperation. We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Individuals of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Getty Research Institute (GRI) is currently accepting applications for a Project/Administrative Assistant III to provide support for two departments in the Collections and Discovery division. Reporting to the Senior Curator of Architecture Special Collections and the Head of Special Collections Management the position will provide assistance for:
- Architecture Special Collections acquisitions, research projects, logistical assistance for exhibitions, management coordination;
- Collection management activities, including registration, cataloging, archival processing, and digitization.
As administrative and project assistance for two very active teams, this position handles a broad range of tasks. Work may require research, handling special collections, critical and reasoning skills, and the ability to draft and revise a wide range of documents using a variety of tools. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills (written and verbal), and excellent ability to communicate professionally and collegially to work with all levels of staff, internal and external colleagues, and guests.
Targeted Hiring Range $22.35 – $27.38 Hourly
Major Job Responsibilities
- Performs a broad range of administrative duties, including scheduling meetings, answering phones, support for events and travel, taking detailed minutes of meetings, composing documents.
- Assists in report preparation and maintaining departmental documentation.
- Contacts staff at all levels to gather information.
- Uses a wide variety of systems and resources to gather information and accomplish administrative projects.
- Assists in budgeting and administration of contracts; interacts with Procurement and Finance Departments to provide information and resolve issues.
- Assists with editorial and/or research projects and drafts reports and presentations with texts and images drawn from Special Collections.
- Performs a variety of routine accounting, data entry, filing and other clerical tasks.
- Performs any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above. Assignments may span various functional areas and may require specialized skills.
- High school diploma/GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3-4 years related experience
All employees must be fully-vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as a condition of employment. Exemptions from this requirement as a reasonable accommodation due to medical contraindication, disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and interest in contemporary architecture and art expressions preferred.
- Reading knowledge or conversation skills in a language other than English preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through and complete assigned tasks.
- Sufficient flexibility and high level of eagerness to work as part of a team.
- Openness to feedback and curiosity for learning and mentorship from colleagues.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Apply for This Job
Please see employer’s website.