Sotheby’s has been uniting collectors with world-class works of art since 1744. Today, Sotheby’s remains synonymous with innovation, with a global network of over 1500 employees located in 80 offices in 40 countries around the globe. In addition to worldwide auctions, we offer Sotheby’s Financial Services, the only full-service art financing company. Sotheby’s also presents private sale opportunities in 70+ categories, including S|2, the gallery arm of Global Fine Art Division, and three retail businesses: Sotheby’s Wine, Sotheby’s Diamonds, and Sotheby’s Home. For advisory we offer services for private collectors, museums, corporations, artists, estates and foundations.
Manage the key organizational and administrative processes of the WW Private Sales. Play an instrumental role in driving all process improvements and effectiveness, as well as assisting in department marketing, website, strategy, and technology advancements.
- Technology and Process improvement
- Manage day-to-day advancement and timeline of Technology initiatives for Global Private Sales including Viking Inventory management system, SAP updates, sothebys.com and Buy Now initiatives.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in Private Sales department throughout advancement timelines to ensure all factors are considered and implemented
- Participate in creative, strategic discussions regarding growth initiatives to share practical solutions and business requirements
- Liaise with Marketing and website teams on implementation of department’s vision
- Work closely with WW Head of Private Sales and Business Management team on strategic initiatives and reporting, as necessary
- Provide research and analysis as required e.g. competitor activity etc. Assist with the preparation of reports and recommendations to senior management
- Liaise with business development team on private sale business opportunities and various project throughout year
- Internal communication
- Assist Head of Private Sales Department and Business Management team with any communication to senior management including the preparation and drafting of presentations
- Ensure information on the Private Sales department page on Sotheby’s Today is always current
- Coordinate and contribute to weekly WW Private Sales department call to share information about process changes, exhibition results, upcoming shows, etc.
- Coordinate the Selling Exhibition calendar with the auction calendar, Private Viewing room scheduling, events organization
- Coordinate viewings of works, as necessary
- Assist with sale processing and compliance, as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of professional experience required
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Ability to manage multiple fast paced projects concurrently
- Ability to work independently while also an enthusiastic and strong team player
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Professional, conscientious yet assertive
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion with top-tier clients and colleagues
- Highly organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills with both internal and external clients
- Knowledge of Excel and Sotheby’s internal systems (e.g. Client System, SAP, Viking)
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions and personnel actions at the Company are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, national origin, age, disability, genetic predisposition, natural hair or hairstyle, reproductive health, partnership status, sexual orientation or alienage or citizenship status, transgender status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, or status in any group protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.