Established in 1744, Sotheby’s is the world’s premier destination for art and luxury. Synonymous with innovation, Sotheby’s promotes access, connoisseurship and preservation of fine art and rare objects through auctions, private sales and retail locations. Our trusted global marketplace is supported by a network of specialists spanning 40 countries and 50 categories, which include Contemporary Art, Modern and Impressionist Art, Old Masters, Chinese Works of Art, Jewelry, Watches, Wine and Spirits, and Interiors, among many others.
Working as part of a centralized Research Team in the heart of Sotheby’s Technology and Product Group under the Data division, reporting to the London Data Transformation Manager. This individual will be responsible for the data reformatting and consolidation of intelligence on the property database. It is their responsibility to ensure the highest standard of data quality and data integrity at all time.
Working mainly on internal data, you will be meticulous and accurate in the reformatting of the necessary information.
- Clean and centralize internal systems data on Excel:
- Reformat and standardize the requested amount of data every day
- Follow internal guidelines thoroughly
- Monitor your own work, meet targets and regularly report to senior researcher
- Communicate any questions or tips to the team to always improve guidelines
- Other tasks will involve:
- Gathering intelligence from external sources for specific artist projects
- Researching the full market history and current ownerships of works of art
- Entering new intelligence to expand the database
- Data maintenance & updates
IDEAL EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Exceptional Excel proficiency: you can demonstrate strong Excel knowledge and skills
- Prior data analyst experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS, Outlook, Slack, Google tools and general familiarity with database management (knowledge of Sotheby’s systems is a plus)
- Flexibility to work long hours, including evenings, weekends and deadline periods
- Ability to work under high pressure, perform multiple tasks simultaneously and meet targets
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problematic situations on a regular basis
- Discreet, dependable and mature
- Enthusiasm about art and willingness to broaden knowledge
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race (including, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, such as natural hair, hair texture, and protective and treated or untreated hairstyles), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership/union status, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition, genetic information, reproductive health decision, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, alienage or citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates.