Metis Art is a leading art advisory and education company. We advise clients on developing sophisticated, meaningful and long-lasting art collections. Our specialists understand the rise of cutting-edge emerging or regional art, as well as the ebbs and flows of the market for blue chip masterpieces. In whatever category, we aim to provide collectors with the very best pieces, and accompany them along the entire process of sourcing to sale, installation and conservation.
At the heart of Metis, which means “knowledge” in Greek, is a firm belief in the importance of education. We offer introductory courses on art appreciation for executives, professionals and family offices who are at the beginning of their art collecting journey, as well as in-depth electives for more seasoned collectors. Although we are headquartered in Singapore, we have ambitions to expand globally, while building transnational bridges across both established and nascent art ecosystems and by setting into motion a robust programme of patrons’ engagement with our
Find out more: www.metisart.co
Metis is actively seeking passionate and experienced Senior Consultants to cover various regions and countries across East Asia for us, and to represent our growing brand. Under the auspices of a reputable platform and with access to Metis’ global network for sourcing quality artworks, you will provide expertise and personal advice to clients on building their art collections. You will engage clients, service their requests, and manage sales from conception to completion. The successful candidate will be a natural salesperson with a thorough knowledge of their regional art markets, an active client book, a significant sales track record, as well as a pulse on the global art market. The
role is remote and flexible; you will be able to either work from home or abroad, so you must have a high level of initiative, independence, energy and work ethic. There are opportunities for travel and in-house training. The role will report to the Director of Education and Consultancy. Compensation is commission-based and generous.
• Be thoroughly versed in the East Asian art market. We hope that you can cover any one or more of the following countries: China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Korea.
• Liaise with galleries to source primary market artworks.
• Liaise with other dealers and clients to source secondary market artworks.
• Share market intelligence with the team on a weekly basis.
• Set and meet quarterly sales targets (flexible and upon discussion with the Director).
• Compile decks and pitches for clients, and manage sales from start to completion.
• Occasionally provide content for the brand’s marketing, such as newsletters, blog and social media posts (paid per project).
• Enhance your profile as an educator, advocate and dealer by teaching our curriculum to beginner and advanced collectors.
• Represent the brand amidst your own network.
• At least 5 years’ experience working at a reputable gallery and/or auction house.
• Must have an existing client book with a track record of significant transactions.
• Experience with secondary market sourcing and dealing is a bonus.
• Upstanding ethical code of integrity, conduct and discretion.
• Excellent level of client service with impeccable written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin, Japanese or Korean (whichever is applicable).
• Independent, with a high level of self-motivation, energy and initiative to reach sales targets.
• At the same time, desiring to build a team brand and spirit, rather than striking out “solo”.
• High attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
• BA in Art History and/or Arts Management preferred.
• Flexible work-from-home, and own-time, own-target arrangement.
• Generous commission-based compensation.
• Performance-based bonus upon excellent performance after the first year.
• Excellent international networking via exposure to our clients and partners (galleries, arts non-
profits, institutions, etc).
• Possibility of business travel to art fairs, client visits and company retreats when borders reopen.
• Opportunity to manage your own team and office upon progression and performance.
Please send a CV, a cover letter and at least 1 recommendation letter to [email protected]
Recommendation letters from prior superiors in the fine art industry will be looked upon
favourably. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.