- Role: Full time / part time. Flexible working offered.
- Hours: flexible (hybrid / work from home is possible).
- Where: South Kensington (London), or flexible / hybrid.
- Deadline: ongoing
About Baldwin Contemporary:
Baldwin Contemporary is a London-based gallery specialising in Post War and Contemporary works of art.
The gallery has built a strong reputation for providing industry intelligence, market analysis and collection management, offering professional guidance to private collectors, advisors and public institutions in all aspects of acquiring important Post War and Contemporary art as well as building and refining collections.
Baldwin typically focuses on those artists united through their conceptual diligence, quality and importance and with demonstrable museum, institutional, curatorial and secondary market momentum that has been built up over a number of years.
Typical Roles and Responsibilities include:
You will be expected to initiate, develop and see through sales of artwork to clients on an ongoing basis, establishing and nurturing long term relationships as we help our clients to build their collections.
This is a key role within the organisation as you will be the main point of contact for your clients.
The role is multi-faceted and will suit an experienced and passionate sales executive who has a track record of developing strong, effective, long-term client relationships within the art industry.
Your responsabilities include:
- Responding to in-bound sales enquiries
- Managing pipelines and general private sales strategies
- Sales generation via proactive management of client network
- Providing strategic input into our marketing function
- Representing Baldwin Contemporary at trade fairs, exhibitions, private dinners and other events
- Minimum 3 years of client-facing sales experience
- Experience in the blue chip contemporary art market
- Professional degree in art or similar field is strongly preferred
- Skilled and patient trouble shooter
- Strong communication and organizational skills, working well both in-person and remotely
- Strong time management skills, able to independently structure time and meet deadlines
- High level of motivation and commitment to work, an openness to exploring established artistic trajectories, and curious to acquire new knowledge, skills, clients and abilities.
- Ability to work both autonomously and under the direction of founder Adam Baldwin
- Private healthcare package
- Hybrid working model offered
- ‘Personal Wellness’ allowance of £150 per month
- Childcare contribution package (if required)
- 2 days per year paid leave for volunteering activities
- Matched funding (up to £1,000 per year) for charity fund-raising activities.
Fluent English is required. Any additional language skills are a plus.
All nationalities are encouraged to apply. Baldwin Contemporary is committed to an inclusive employment policy in all areas of the organisation, with an explicit focus on increasing the ethnic, socio-economic, and gender diversity of the business.
Applicants should submit a cover letter (max. 500 words) including salary expectation and a CV to: [email protected]
References may be required.