We currently have an opportunity for a Shipping Manager to join our Operations Team based in Hong Kong.
Bonhams is a global auction house with an 18th century heritage poised for transformative change. Our global operations are based in London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Hong Kong, and we sell in over 60 categories, including motor cars, paintings, jewellery, and entertainment memorabilia.
About the Role
The Shipping Manager will provide support to the Hong Kong Team to support the safe, timely and cost-effective movement of fine art property pre and post-sale. They will help manage relevant paperwork and documents for import and export, work closely with the Specialist Departments and Finance and ensure Bonhams are operating in an organized and compliant manner in relation to all areas of shipping. They will work with 3rd party shippers, managing their performance, ensuring their compliance and provide advice and support to internal teams where required.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily management / administration of import advices from 3PLs & internal teams
- Assist in maintaining Bonhams import database and ensure continuous standards are maintained
- Work to ensure Bonhams are always compliant and ‘audit ready’
- Provide source of import/export information and advice to Specialist Departments, Legal and Finance teams
- Obtain copies, track and manage import entries for Bonhams
- Match import shipments against A3 contracts and add import entry details
- Obtain export licenses, carnets and CITES permits for imports/exports
- Support property movement for touring and special exhibitions
- Provide quotes for internal and pre or post sales shipping, alongside co-ordination with any 3rd party shippers
- Partner with other regional shipping teams and Departments to support property movement
- Manage gallery operations both in relation to exhibitions and temporary staff
- Have flexibility to travel and support internal exhibitions
- Ideally you will be educated to degree standard, or you will have experience working in a customer focused role within the art, auction or shipping industries
- Experience on import/export arrangement with China clients and 3PLs would be an advantage
- Fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and English
- eCustomer experience preferred
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and will be able to present information in a clear and concise manner
- You must have good reasoning skills and be able to analyze data and prepare reports
- Ability to negotiate and influence across the organization and with external stakeholders.
- You will be required to work with industry standard computer packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Demonstrable experience in navigating organizational structures
If you wish to apply, please send your CV and cover letter by the 31st January 2023 at midnight.
We thank you for your interest in this position, but please note that we will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration.
Bonhams is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.