Gagosian seeks a full-time Social Media and Publications Assistant to join its small yet dynamic Publications team, which collectively oversees the gallery’s prestigious publishing and digital projects. The role will focus on creating and planning content for the Gagosian social media channels, as well as managing crucial administrative tasks for the department.
The ideal candidate will have enthusiasm for art and social media; excellent copywriting, content creation, and administrative skills; the ability to efficiently manage time and tight deadlines; and excellent organizational and communication skills.
Duties include but not limited to
– Writing, scheduling, and uploading content to Gagosian’s social media platforms, with a focus on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
– Editing and creating assets for social media using Adobe Creative Suite
– Liaising with staff and external organizations for approvals on social media content
– General maintenance of various social media platforms, including updating the gallery’s Google My Business pages and creating Facebook events
– Creating promotional assets for events and exhibitions to be shared with staff, contributors, and external parties
– Archiving and organizing social media assets
– Ad hoc social media projects, including research
– Managing departmental expenses, including invoice tracking and processing, as well as credit card reports
– Ordering office supplies and maintaining supply closet, including book inventory, for the department
– Managing the department’s calendar and general requests as needed
Qualifications & Skills
– Bachelor’s degree in art history, communications, journalism, marketing, or related field
– Minimum one year of experience in a similar role, including internship experience
– Passion for social media and experience using Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, and YouTube
– Knowledge of modern and contemporary art
– Exceptional administrative, organizational, and time-management skills
– Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, InDesign, Photoshop)
– Excellent written English, impeccable grammar, and highly creative
Salary commensurate with experience; comprehensive benefits package.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Social Media and Publications Assistant” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.