New York, NY
Social Media Coordinator
Gagosian seeks a full-time Social Media Coordinator to join the Social Media team.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing, the Social Media Coordinator will create and plan content for the Gagosian social media channels. The ideal candidate will have experience of and enthusiasm for social and digital platforms; understanding of best practices across different channels; excellent copywriting and content creation skills; as well as an organized and collaborative approach.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
– Writing, scheduling, and posting content to Gagosian’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, and YouTube
– Liaising with staff, artist studios, and external organizations for approvals
– Editing and creating video, photographic, and graphic content using Adobe Creative Suite
– Undertaking community management across social platforms, including interacting with users and responding to social media messages, inquiries, and comments
– Liaising with other internal departments (Publications, Press, Events, Archivists, etc.)
– Tracking social media analytics
– Working to develop new content ideas and formats to promote gallery activities
Qualifications for the role
– BA degree in Art History, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field
– Minimum one year’s experience in a similar role, not including internship experience
– Experience writing copy for online
– Passion for social media and up-to-date knowledge of the latest social media developments and trends
– Experience using Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, and YouTube
– Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and in particular Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, InDesign, Photoshop)
– Excellent written English, impeccable grammar, and highly creative
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including two weeks’ paid vacation which increases with tenure
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Social Media Coordinator” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health covid safety guidelines.