Gagosian seeks a Social Media Strategist to join the Social Media team.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing, the Social Media Strategist will help develop and implement a results-driven social media strategy. The ideal candidate should have at least two years’ experience in a social or digital role; in-depth knowledge of best practices across different organic and paid channels; and a comprehensive understanding of analytics and campaign measuring tools. He or she should be passionate about social media, with the ability to develop ideas and deliver creative campaigns, as well as effectively measure their success against different KPIs.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
– Working alongside the Director of Digital Marketing to set the vision for Gagosian’s social media channels
– Developing and planning social media campaigns around gallery projects, with a focus on Online Viewing Rooms and online art fair presentations
– Monitoring, tracking and analyzing data via Google Analytics and social media insights tools
– Supporting the Director of Digital Marketing in writing regular reports
– Running and monitoring paid campaigns via Facebook Business Manager and Google Adwords
– Identifying new social media trends and features, and suggesting ideas of new ways to drive awareness and engagement both online and off
– Briefing freelance designers, videographers, and animators on projects
– Liaising with internal departments (Publications, Press, Events, Archivists, etc.)
– Editing, scheduling, and posting content to Gagosian’s social media platforms
– Editing and creating video, photographic, and graphic content using Adobe Creative Suite
Qualifications for the role
– BA or Masters degree in Art History, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field
– Minimum two years’ experience in a social media or digital role.
– Extensive experience using Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, YouTube, and WeChat
– Experience running paid social media campaigns via Facebook Business Manager
– Strong analytical skills, with experience using Google Analytics and social media insights tools
– Experience using Google Adwords and Google Ad Manager preferred
– Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and in particular Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, InDesign, Photoshop)
– Excellent written English, impeccable grammar, and highly creative
Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including two weeks’ paid vacation which increases with tenure.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Social Media Strategist” in the subject line. Walk-ins or phone inquiries will not be accepted for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.
Employee health and safety is of the utmost importance and as such Gagosian is committed to adhering to New York State Department of Health COVID safety guidelines.