Phillips is hiring Digital Editorial Assistants in our New York and London locations.
This Primary Function is the execution of editing content across the Phillips website. The Digital Editorial Assistant possesses diverse technical and copyediting skills to assist the Global Web Production Manager in the publishing of editorial content for our live and online auctions. They work cross-departmentally with the international 20th Century & Contemporary Art and Digital teams to ensure our digital catalogue essays and content are completed accurately and published by the desired deadline. The Digital Editorial Assistant is the primary executor responsible for daily editing and publishing of all sale-related editorial content online. Phillips values a workforce with a wide variety of experiences, backgrounds and skills, so we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Day-to-day content editing inclusive of manual data entry.
· Coordinating, creating and populating auction content for the global 20th Century & Contemporary Art sales.
· Track work progress, anticipate delays, plan corrective actions to get project back on schedule and manage risk. Collaborate with team members for agreement and alignment, and adjust project plans as necessary.
· Author and maintain detailed publishing and project plans; facilitate collaboration and effective workflow between project team members.
· Act as lead liaison between the sales team and User Experience, Digital and Technology teams to feedback enhancement requests and defects.
· Help track change control procedures involving the reviewing and testing of new tool builds and enhancements, ensuring continuous efficiency and minimal disruption to process when additional features or functionalities are introduced; provide checks and feedback for Software Development.
Professional Skills and Experience
· 1-2 years of personal or professional work experience in digital content management and production.
· Experience operating content management systems (CMS), Adobe Photoshop, and basic HTML.
· Understanding of broad editorial content design best practices. Willingness to learn Phillips content practices
· General knowledge and comfort with Microsoft 365 Office Suite, PC and Apple Mac hardware and software, iOS and Android.
· Must be extremely detail-oriented and thorough.
· Able to work independently with limited supervision.
· Able to work with ambiguity and flexible to an ever-changing, fast-paced environment; proactive and solution-oriented when managing issues and meeting deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills, including strong knowledge of English grammar and pronunciation rules.
· Comfortable communicating with staff at all levels of the organization.
· Experience in media, publishing, ecommerce, or luxury a plus.
· Work is primarily undertaken remotely. Occasional in-office work upon request during sales weeks in our 432 Park Avenue, New York or 30 Berkeley Square office.
· Flexibility with working hours including some evenings and weekends is essential to remotely support our auctions.
· New York employees must be fully vaccinated. Employees unable to comply with this policy due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may be eligible for an accommodation, unless such an accommodation would be unduly burdensome or present a direct threat to the applicant, our employees, or the members of our greater community.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please use the subject header “Temporary Digital Editorial Assistant”. Please be advised: due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and backgrounds best fit the needs of the open position.